The movie ET banned in Finland and Sweden for "portraying adults as children's enemies."

And now both countries have problems with other types of Aliens.

And now both countries have problems with other types of Aliens.

cute-oh-snap-gif-755-1.gif

It says it was banned for only children under 11 to see it. So basically it was rated a PG-13 film. Not that big of a deal.

I guess we won't be seeing Radio Flyer in a bargain bin in those countries

Those 1983 social anxieties sure seem pressing and relevant.
Way to get on this when I was thirteen, TS

lol, what kind of a reason is that for banning a movie?

Mean adults as antagonists are a staple of kids movies (or at least they were)...

This is the beginning of white people extincting themselves.

Have fun living in a 3rd world shithole when they're gone everyone else!

This is the beginning of white people extincting themselves.

Have fun living in a 3rd world shithole when they're gone everyone else!
Yeah when the whole world is mixed like Brazil it will be sutch a paradise. Lol not

Not that I approve thought police, but good riddance, this movie sucks!

We had some idiotic movie laws back in the day, but this example is just retarded. Do you consider a movie "banned" when it is PG-13?

I remember when Robocop came to Finland and the version they showed here was like 7 minutes shorter than the original version, because all the good (bad) parts were censored. I was livid.

We had some idiotic movie laws back in the day, but this example is just retarded. Do you consider a movie "banned" when it is PG-13?

I remember when Robocop came to Finland and the version they showed here was like 7 minutes shorter than the original version, because all the good (bad) parts were censored. I was livid.
I remember a version of that movie that was broadcast here in England in the early 90s. Every swear word was censored and dubbed with something tame e.g. dickhead > airhead, bullshit > baloney, fucking > freaking.

They also censored the majority of the violence as you described.

so progressive!!!

Good job, swedenistan

It says it was banned for only children under 11 to see it. So basically it was rated a PG-13 film. Not that big of a deal.
Shhh you're using facts and ruining the Europe is too PC and ruined by immigrants circle jerk.

Back