The most violent championship taking in UFC history

Machida over Evans.
Evans got wiped and the ko became an epic meme

rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

Cain v Brock mainly for the mental side because you literally see Brock getting PTSD realising that the rd1 in the Carwin fight wasn’t just a one off.

Cain vs JDS 2 was just ridiculous. JDS was so confused because he seemed like he was in a position he never thought possible.

Jones v Shogun was just a systematic destruction. Almost like Jones was just testing out new ways to hurt somebody and similar to Silva v Franklin was just like a new level was reached in the worst way possible.

What???

Clearly you weren't on Sherdog back then? Shogun got shit on relentlessly for tapping to strikes against Jones. It's been the major talking point of Shogun haters for the last 10 years.
gtfo, it became a side story only because Shogun fans vehemently denied it, iirc.

Anytime someone taps to strikes it'll call attention and keyboard ninjas start posturing.

Shogun was coming off another major knee injury and took a completely different stylistic matchup from Rashad's camp on late notice, and Jones still felt the need to take steroids and spam eyepokes. Meh

They didn’t do a very good job with his nose, that thing was truly beat to shit though.
If I’m not mistaken, I think Andy did it to him twice. I thought he shattered his face the second time too.

That nose was never the same. Franklin’s facial expression in the first few exchanges is pretty insane. You can tell he is in disbelief at the strength and violence Silva is bringing.

Back