The most violent championship taking in UFC history

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'll mention:
Jon Jones vs Mauricio Rua.
Shogun got crushed to bits. He got elbowed, kneed and punched into submission. This might be the best one.

jones3.jpg

Cain Velasquez vs Brock Lesnar
main-qimg-73b7d44076878266f1a3fb367ab7a9d4-c

Short but decisieve beatown of the biggest star in the sport at that time.

Nunes vs Cyborg
Nunes ended Cyborgs 10 year undefeated streak and beat her in the way Cyborg demolishes her opponents. SHe lured her in with heavy leg kicks and countered. Cyborg kept walking and swinging like crazy before getting dropped face down ass up.

Cyborg.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't BJ win the vacant LW championship in the Stevenson fight? That was violent. The ending of Jones/DC 2 was violent as fuck.

Actually DC/Rumble 1 is a very underrated beatdown.

And pretty much all the HW title changes are very violent lol. The latest one, Stipe/Ngannou 2... Just damn.

I know the GSP tapping to strikes GIF has been posted alot, but people forget how fucking ferocious Serra was in that fight.

While we're at it, GSP slamming his knees on Serras ribs over and over again while Serra is in fetal position is violent. Very very violent.

What???

Clearly you weren't on Sherdog back then? Shogun got shit on relentlessly for tapping to strikes against Jones. It's been the major talking point of Shogun haters for the last 10 years.
Oh yeah I wasn't on the dog at the time.
Didn't know that I assumed most people though he was justified

The Jones vs Shogun beating for sure, that was insane. Not sure anyone expected it to go down the way it did.

Oh yeah I wasn't on the dog at the time.
Didn't know that I assumed most people though he was justified
Back in the day, there were a ton of delusional Shogun haters on here. Looking back, they were probably just trolling, but yeah, the main talking point for Shogun bashing was tapping out to strikes.

Back