The Most Impressive Animal You've Seen in Real-Life (not in a zoo)

This.

This mama moose has a vendetta against my dog. She tried to kill her once and now I always randomly find her right outside my dining room window looking in during the winter.

Saw a black bear once too.

Does your family keep a rifle handy?

Does your family keep a rifle handy?

My family??

I have a couple rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

When she tried to stomp my dog I gave her a warning shot with my 12 gauge and she ran. She had her babies and she was just trying to protect them. I try my hardest not to shoot the mamas and babies.

Bitch comes for my dog again and I will blast her face the fuck off though.

While I was up working in Alaska, I was laying on the couch, watching TV. I heard a noise at the glass sliding door 6 feet from me, and there was a pretty big Black Bear staring at me. I jumped up so quick, they bear and I nearly both had a heart attacks.

I've seen a few whales while whale-watching and I saw a bunch of gators and dolphins while canoeing in the everglades. also on that trip I woke up to a peregrine falcon right above my shelter. there's a flock of 40 or so turkeys that hang around my house, seeing them fly from place to place is pretty impressive.

EDIT: also saw some moose(s?) and bison when I went to yellowstone, although yellowstone is kind of just a giant zoo at this point.

Red Deer stag
2935467036_8f86b13e4f.jpg

I got chased by a hippo in West Africa.

PHP:
Pictures taken by the passenger in a vehicle I was driving:

pang.JPG

pang+wave.JPG

Oddly, that makes three of us. I've also seen an albino baboon. I'll see if I can scavenge the old photos.

Fucking Pangolin, sweet as hell

I've seen an arctic fox, a 100 pound bobcat, caracals, an African jungle cat, an ant eater, servals, horses, falcons, manatee's, and a couple camels. The most impressive was possibly the bobcat.

I've seen an arctic fox, a 100 pound bobcat, caracals, an African jungle cat, an ant eater, servals, horses, falcons, manatee's, and a couple camels. The most impressive was possibly the bobcat.

I call absolute bull on a 100lb bobcat. Unless it was morbidly obese which even then I don't think that's possible. But jealous of the others

I wonder if it's unheard of for wild animals to be obese?

I call absolute bull on a 100lb bobcat. Unless it was morbidly obese which even then I don't think that's possible. But jealous of the others

I've seen several, but none even close to that size.

I once saw this massive hedgehog, the thing must have been about 2 feet long. Whenever I see them, they're usually really small, but this one must have been biting Horse Ankles to get that size, wish I'd taken a picture of it, it was huge.

I once got within arms length from a fox when I was walking home from a night out, gave the little guy a handful of M&Ms. I then found out on an episode of QI that Foxes that come across as "Friendly", are usually rabid.

I saw a Whale off the coast of San Diego, didn't catch the whole thing though.

And the last one is Mike Tyson, said I was a "Very respectful young man".

I wonder if it's unheard of for wild animals to be obese?

Happens once in a while, but the largest bobcats on record are right around 50lbs. So doubling that would be highly suspect.

these coyotes were in my backyard

IMG_0252_zps41e200a0.jpg

We get a lot of coyotes in our neighbourhood because there's a massive park nearby. It's not uncommon to see a pack of 8 or 10 of them walking down the street. They make the most horrible noises though. Kind of like a shrieking sound.

Back