The Most Impressive Animal You've Seen in Real-Life (not in a zoo)

Red fox. Cutest little things around.

red-fox_679_600x450.jpg

Lol... haven't thought about that guys for 25 years holy shit haha.... did you really see him "live at the Pacific Coliseum" back in the day?

As for me, I saw a Grizzly Bear run out in front of my truck across the road... it ran like an Elephant and we didn't even think grizzly bears were anywhere near us, we were camping around a 15 minute drive away along a dirt road, still far but still close enough... very impressive bear, it probably would've destroyed my truck and kept on going had I hit it.

Some years back I was driving to my friend's house and had to stop when pulling into his driveway because a fucking hawk (red-tailed hawks are native to here) was killing a rabbit on the pavement. It had the rabbit pinned under one foot and was pecking at it. Then when I pulled up it stopped and looked at me like "you gonna do something?" I just stared and it flew off. The rabbit then hopped away.

I use too live on the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in L.A. I saw a coyote that look more like a wolf. I was going to work at about 5 in the morning and he was sitting in the front yard. He saw me and sat there not giving a fuck. It was winter so he might had his winter coat that made him look bigger.

A bobcat and her kittens in the mountains of Orange County.

A Raven.

They are pretty rare in my neck of the woods, but I was blown away by its size and imposing stature.

I can see why they are referenced in literature as forboding creatures.

Just got back from a 3 month backpacking trip in Africa and honestly, all of the "Big 5" are pretty impressive.

Ive seen copperheads b4 but I thought seeing a coyote was pretty sweet seeing that out was in the middle of the city

black bear out in Cali ...was pretty big

Dolphins swimming with the boat we were in, and right underneath us (catamaran).

Was playing golf in Canada and an adult brown bear walked out onto the fairway as I was teeing up for a shot. We got back on the cart and GTFO of there.

when I was like 10 I was swimming in a bay on Santa Cruz Island off CA and I saw a manta ray below me. It must have been 10 feet wide. I froze out of fear and just stared at it.

manta%20baby.JPG

I'm excited that the Anthropology club I'm apart of at my school will be able to handle baby gorillas next semester at the Como Zoo. That will be an experience.

black bear out in Cali ...was pretty big

I always been scared to run into a bear or mountain lion in the woods. Closest I have been to is finding fresh tracks in the snow with blood in a spot were some animal, probably a lion had killed something. Me and my cousin saw that and jam.

I always been scared to run into a bear or mountain lion in the woods. Closest I have been to is finding fresh tracks in the snow with blood in a spot were some animal, probably a lion had killed something. Me and my cousin saw that and jam.

ive seen florida panthers here...impressive animals...but i dont want to be anywhere near them.

Lol... haven't thought about that guys for 25 years holy shit haha.... did you really see him "live at the Pacific Coliseum" back in the day?

As for me, I saw a Grizzly Bear run out in front of my truck across the road... it ran like an Elephant and we didn't even think grizzly bears were anywhere near us, we were camping around a 15 minute drive away along a dirt road, still far but still close enough... very impressive bear, it probably would've destroyed my truck and kept on going had I hit it.

Yeah it was years ago obviously. Hogan was supposed to wrestle on the card but pulled out last minute due to a rib injury.

The buffalo is a pretty special animal to me, so having been near some in my life, I feel honored. Though I was a kid the first time and I lobbed a rock up to test his skull. It clocked him clean but he didn't bat an eye, I still feel bad for doing it though. It's much like the story of Black Feather though when Old Raven dropped a walnut on his head, so no worries.

Driving out in the country I saw a coyote trotting along the road by me. It was a gorgeous day, the skies were clear, the cows were taking refuge from the heat under the withered mesquite trees, and here I see the coyote on route to his next adventure.

Hiking through Palo Duro Canyon, we ran in to two baby deer nestled in the side of the canyon. The mother had been spooked by our group and it was just us and the babies. It was a pretty surreal moment.

Camels are pretty gnarly creatures to be around, they remind me of dinosaurs to be honest. And the vultures that circle around town are something to behold. They fly over the exact same location, every day, every month, every year. And nobody knows why. They're easily the largest birds here and to see over thirty of them circling overhead, it's just awesome.

ive seen florida panthers here...impressive animals...but i dont want to be anywhere near them.

Florida panther! Cool as hell. Only 50 in the wild I believe.

Yeah it was years ago obviously. Hogan was supposed to wrestle on the card but pulled out last minute due to a rib injury.

Same thing happened to me at a house show with Lesnar before he was famous.

Pictures taken by the passenger in a vehicle I was driving:

pang.JPG

pang+wave.JPG

@shoguntbone-I forgot I actually saw one as well when I was out looking for wolves. I didn't think it would last too long.

Oddly, that makes three of us. I've also seen an albino baboon. I'll see if I can scavenge the old photos.

Back