The most important words ever said for all times.

mcveteran81

Veteran
Banned
Reaction score
"For God loved the world so much that he gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." - John 3 : 16

This is it folks. I can think of no greater verse in the bible. No judgement, no condemnation, no reproach, no anger, no talking down or anything. God, who above all things, is Holy, Righteous, and Perfect in every way and is justified completely in any approach / dealings to us, instead emptied Himself out to be nothing, so that we may gain everything.

I know this thread will get derailed, scoffed, then summarily moved & dumped. I know I haven't been the most loving or compassionate person in these forums. But outside of my frailties and forgive me for the wrongs that I know / have done to any of you. I love you guys. If I did not I would post not. I hope all of you have a good day.

I think "Ok, I might be wrong on this one" tops it. Lord knows my relationships would work better if it came a bit more easily, and I feel like my life is a microcosm of all human history in this regard.

PS - mods, don't move/dump this thread. It has a good message from a nasty dude who may or may not be hitting the sauce - that's something in itself.

I think what comes immediately after it is just as important. He did not come to condemn the world because without him the world is condemned already.

What comes after the because is pretty huge.

I was trying to think of what the phrase would be before entering the thread, and I landed on, it is finished, but John 3:16 is better. Bless you, brother.

if you really love us, stop trying to push your bullshit on us.

You're free to not read. No one is pushing anything on you, but if you want the truth, here it is.

look at the thread title. he states it like a fact with all the hyperbole in the world attached to it. which means he is pushing this unproven fact on us.

so yea, there it is.

I think "Ok, I might be wrong on this one" tops it. Lord knows my relationships would work better if it came a bit more easily, and I feel like my life is a microcosm of all human history in this regard.

PS - mods, don't move/dump this thread. It has a good message from a nasty dude who may or may not be hitting the sauce - that's something in itself.

Who among us hasn't woken up with shame and dread, and thought, oh no, did I drink and post. By all means, cast the first stone.

"For God loved the world so much that he gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." - John 3 : 16

This is it folks. I can think of no greater verse in the bible. No judgement, no condemnation, no reproach, no anger, no talking down or anything. God, who above all things, is Holy, Righteous, and Perfect in every way and is justified completely in any approach / dealings to us, instead emptied Himself out to be nothing, so that we may gain everything.

I know this thread will get derailed, scoffed, then summarily moved & dumped. I know I haven't been the most loving or compassionate person in these forums. But outside of my frailties and forgive me for the wrongs that I know / have done to any of you. I love you guys. If I did not I would post not. I hope all of you have a good day.

Amen brother!

Jesus is the example, the only way.

With God there IS hope for the future. There needs to be a Christian revival throughout the West. And it starts in our hearts by looking to the Son of God!

It's not even the most important words in the bible imo. Sermon on the Mount >>

All of the mythology of this silly failrytale is a ridiculous farce - so hypocritical and clearly full of contradictions that it has as much value as something like Aesop's Fables.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

It's not even the most important words in the bible imo. Sermon on the Mount >>
I see where your coming from and I respect that allot! But without His birth, we get no sermon on the mount. ;)

I see where your coming from and I respect that allot! But without His birth, we get no sermon on the mount. ;)

I get that view. To me as an atheist though, the Sermon on the Mount holds a lot of truth that I feel is at the core of Christianity.

Gandhi (not @Gandhi) is quoted as having said if Christianity was only the Sermon on the Mount, he'd be a Christian. I am not sure I subscribe to that because to me, the teachings of Kant appeal to an even higher level of morality. But if all Christians lived by the words of the SotM, then all people should be Christians.

All of the mythology of this silly failrytale is a ridiculous farce - so hypocritical and clearly full of contradictions that it has as much value as something like Aesop's Fables.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

That's just stupid. The bible has enormous influence on hundreds of millions of people.

You do not have to be a believer to recognize the lasting importance of what is written there.

The most famous words ever spoken weren't John 3:16.

AUSTIN 3:16 SAYS I JUST WHIPPED YOUR ASS!

<3><3><3><3><3><3><3><3>

Most important words ever spoken?
"He who smelt it dealt it."

Or maybe the first time anyone ever thought to call "shotgun". That was a big day for humanity.

Fuck your stupid fairy tale. It just blows my fucking mind that grown adults still believe in magic when we have access to all this information in the palm of our hands that debunks absolutely everything in every holy book ever written.

<36>

Back