The most famous person you've ever met?

a chick from a soap opera tv show started going out with my cousins x boyfriend.

and ive met her. she is pretty popular in australia, she was in the first matrix.

I've seen a few footballers but only approached those who've played for my team.

Denis Irwin. I was lucky to have a pen with me to get an autograph from him. Nice lad and I met him in a library when I was 14.
denis-irwin.jpg

Next I met Andy Cole and Peter Schmeichel together in a mall.

images

andrew-cole_1111690a.jpg

Met Action Bronson about 3 weeks ago at a beach near Auckland (Karekare).

It looked like he was with family so it was more of a shout out. (No photo)

Met former President Bush (the father not the son) when I was in the fourth grade with my classmates when he was still in office. He gave one of the girls in my school his watch
Any David Copperfeel magic tricks?

I meet a lot by accident, idk why. I'd have to say Lauryn Hill and Iverson. One is the GOAT female M.c. and one is one of the NBA players.

Off the top of my head. Mario Yamasaki reffed one of my fights. Ryan Hall reffed my first advanced division no-go match. I met Shonie Carter once. Went to a seminar for Kevin Randleman and another for Mayhem.

That is about as famous as I have met.
Meanwhile, my wife worked for Alice Cooper once and met a bunch of actual famous people. She once told Ron Howard and a bunch of guys he was talking with to move so she could get to the bar they were standing in the way of.

I speak to an Oscar winning actor regularly

Equally as well known as Ali ( now anyhow ) is this individual who still owes my manager money which prevented me from getting paid back in December of 1990. So, yeah, I have personal issues with him as well as political ones:
View attachment 512515
This is epic, with a photo to prove it.

I don't get too hyped up usually about seeing a famous person walking down the street, but I would probably be pretty starstruck if Trump took a pic with me.

Martin Kemp, Jordan, Prince Harry, Brian May, Lou ferrigno, a bunch of musicians at gigs etc but that hardly counts.

I'm afraid I never asked for pictures, I never wanted the people to feel like it was business.

In terms of just walking by someone: Robert De Niro. Just walked by him as he was sitting at a table in mid discussion with someone at a fancy Italian restaurant in Los Angeles.

Actual conversing with: Kirsten Dunst. This was way back in like '93 though. So I was around 13 and she was 12 or so. I had gotten dragged to some fund raiser for public education that was hosted at Anne Rice's house (author of Interview with the Vampire) due to my mother (who worked in the Dept. of Ed. in Louisiana) being invited. It was some really fancy black-tie event and Dunst and I were the only two "kids" there. So we just went in the other room and watched tv and bullshitted for three hours or something. I just remember asking her what it was like to be an actress (she were in New Orleans for the filming of Interview), and her being pretty cool. And I remember her being cool about me watching the Saint's game, which I'm sure wasn't her first choice.

Alternatively: George H.W. Bush. About 6 years ago I was clerking for a Federal Judge in Houston. Went to some private members only club for lunch (judge loved the place, and it if was a working lunch, it was always his call as to where we ate). Small place on like the 30th floor of some downtown Houston building, with only half a dozen tables. H.W. was at the next table one time. Him and the judge knew each other, so the judge introduced me. Was a quick 2-3 minute conversation with the usual "Where you from? What made you want to practice law?"

Most Random: I answered the phone when Bill Clinton was on the other line. This was during his presidency. I was at some downtown hotel in Baton Rouge. It was election night, and a buddy of mine's father had just lost a close race for the US Senate. He and Clinton had known each other due to them working in state government in Louisiana and neighboring Arkansas at the same time. So Clinton was calling to offer his condolences. He called the hotel suite and I was just the one closest to the phone, so I answered. He just asked, "Could you put John Smith on the phone?" And I remember thinking as I passed it over, "That guy really sounds like the President." Then my buddy's father starts talking with, "Yes Mr. President. Thank you Mr. President" etc.

When I got the tag I thought I was famous and someone was boasting about knowing me
Don't worry Clipster, you're sherdog-famous and that's the best kind!

I have never ever met anyone even remotely famous. The closest thing to it would be an old guy i used to know who talked to Hitler a couple of times.

I sat through a dinner next to Christopher Lee once. That was awkward, but I’ve slowly started to cherish that memory.

Translator for Minotauro Nogueira at an event which was pretty awesome. Chatted to Ricky Hatton at a weigh-in about 4 weeks after his previous fight, he was cool but dude was already pretty fat.

Last edited:
Back