The Most Anticipated Fight in UFC History?

To the death, Georges!

Silva/Sonnen 2 for me. Easily the most amped i have been for a fight

Poll space is limited to 10.

Could have added:

GSP v. Penn 2
GSP v. Hendricks
Lesnar v. Mir 2
Shogun v. Machida 2
Liddell v. Rampage
Shamrock v. Ortiz 3,4

UFC 71 Liddell vs Rampage should be an option on this poll.

It also seemed clear that he destroys Weidman, but nope

Well he beat Sonnen twice, he lost to Weidman twice. You can figure it out?

Liddell vs Wand would have been the one if they could have put it together sooner. By the time it happened Wand had already lost the Pride belt to Hendo and been KO'd by CroCop.

I'll say Sonnen/Silva II just based on how the first fight unfolded.

come in to say Silva vs Chael 2
but tonight fight is up there with it.

I picked Silva sonnen 2 but it was a toss up between that and chuck/silva

Rampage-Rashad

And it disappointed so mightily

What a shitty selection. First of all, it's not interesting if you exclude Pride. Cro-cop vs Fedor was easily the most anticipated fight of all time that actually came to fruition. The other fight never occurred. Which would have been Randy C vs Fedor.

For the UFC, the first Chuck vs Tito match.

The correct answer is Silva-Weidman II (imo).

Silva-Sonnen II was big, but remember Sonnen was coming off a somewhat poor performance against Bisping (a fight I thought Michael won).

Silva-Weidman II there were two camps throwing insults at each other, and a controversial first fight... I mean that fight had it all going into it. Of course the fight failed to deliver in a sense.

I would say this fight is probably #2, in relation to the other fights mentioned. DC is coming off a dominant win over ol' hot and cold Hendo. Jones dominated Glover in his last fight. Both guys undefeated (*). So tonight has to be way up there.

A few other big fights not mentioned in the poll were Chuck-Tito, Tito-Shamrock, Lesnar-Carwin, Silva-Belfort, Couture-Liddell II...

Silva vs Weidman #2 and its not even close

this is even DW's pick

It's worth mentioning at least Fedor/CC, Royce/Saku and maybe Wand/Rampage 2 from Pride.

For UFC I think it was one of Lesnar's fights.

Back