The most absurd series of fights in the history of professional boxing

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Terry Norris vs Luis Santana for the WBC Super Welterweight Championship

Fight 1: Norris is in clear control and then hits Santana with a glancing back of the head shot. Santana acts like he has been shot with a cannonball and does these convulsion things when he notices the doc is near. The Doc i believes tells him he thought he was faking. Regardless Norris is DQ'd and Luis Santana wins the WBC Super Welterweight Championship. Finished is timestamped for you all.

Fight 2: Norris is dominating Santana again. But like the idiot he is, nails Santana with a clear shot right after the bell rings. Proclaims that he does not hear the bell. Luis Santana wins again via DQ. Finish is timestamped for you all

Fight 3: Total Domination by Norris who Ko's Santana quick

for me the holyfield ruiz series, a shot fighter and a fighter who made it an "art of fighting without fighting" horrible, i kept hoping someone would redo what tua did to ruiz and when it never happened, i would just go watch the kayo over and over, i think i'll go see it now.

Imagine if Terry Norris had a granite chin...

He would have been an ATG. Ferocious fighter, loved watching him fight

Yep, that was a bizarre series of fights. Santana definitely milked the fouls but what can you say? He made a hell of a lot of money in those two title defenses against Norris.

I worked a couple of Santana fights back in the day. The first one was when he challenged Simon Brown for Simon's welterweight title in Springfield, MA. I was a Brown sparring partner for that fight & I was in his corner on fight night. Then, a couple of years later I was supposed to fight on the card in Erie, PA in which Santana upset the local hero, Johnny Bizarro. But my fight with Gene Holly fell through so I just watched the fight from ringside. The victory over Bizarro is the fight that earned Santana the title shot against Norris.

i never saw any of those norris,santana fights, didn't know they fought that many times.However, norris did have a horrible habit of not being able to stop himself when he got going, nice guy, dirty fighter.

Depends on what is your definition of an ATG, but he has arguably the best record at 154.

he was pretty complete, great speed, physical strength and punching power. His biggest fault was one that a lot of punchers have, they just stop paying attention to what's coming back when they get to teeing off. Tommy Hearns did that a lot and was lucky he had the big punch to bail him out of some fights.

Yep that was defenetly some of the weirdest shit I've ever seen lol

As far as the 1st fight goes I personally believe Satana used that shot as a way out but fake or not that medical attention was ridiculous lol

Also wonder if they declared Santana the winner to avoid a riot.

As far as the second fight goes when I watch the vid I didn't hear the bell so who knows.

I guess the saving grace is at least Terry won the 3rd fight without any time of horseshit ending

Back