The more I hear about brain damage, the more I feel I should move on to somethin else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenjamito

Freakin Covid
@Blue
Reaction score
Perhaps it is my age (30) and that I am not being paid handsomely as a professional, but the more I am hearing about brain damage, the more I feel I should get out of boxing and try and get my adrenaline kick from jiu jitsu or something. From what I gather there's no way around it, getting hit in the head, even lightly, is bad and has long term consequences. Getting your "bell rung"? That's damage. Feeling a slight headache after a session? That's damage. It appears so little is known about the brain and the long term consequences of getting hit in the head it's scary. It's really made me wonder what long term consequences I'm suffering and how boxing may be shortening my life or affecting my quality of life in the later years. What price am I paying messing around with amateur boxing?

Anyone else have these concerns?

Ken, dude, this is like the 3rd time you've made a thread about this. Resurrect one of the old ones, or yeah, move on. If it's that big a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back