The Moment You Found Hendo/Machida is Only 3 Rounds

th

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you as I really don't know how the numbers will be. Rousey is probably the best thing for the women's division right now. She has the looks of a ring girl with the ability to actually fight. It could be very intersting.

Agreed. However, with that statement about her looks, expect someone to post some very unflattering pictures of Rousey from the Olympics. ;)

I think this was the perfect time for White to include a women's division in the UFC. It's probably not going to get much better than Rousey in terms of a marketable female powerhouse. And the way she and Cyborg keep talking about each other, that inevitable fight is going to be wonderful (especially since Rousey will have time to work on her striking and striking defense).

And once the females aren't marketable, the UFC can simply do away with them. No harm, no foul, right?

This fight won't likely make it past the 10 minute mark. If Hendo lands at all Machida is going to sleep.

machida by decision, though theres always the chance of him getting the tko with a karate punch or something....

I thought it was Dana's gift for Hendo. He's old, his knee is bad and his cardio won't carry him through 5 rounds. And in a 3 rounder he may swing freely, and even if he gasses without catching Machida, Lyoto won't have enough rounds left to win the points.
Machida, on the other hand, would have to remember what happened in Rampage fight and really engage Dan.
So, all in all, the fight will be more exiting than a 5-rounder.

Its disappointing for sure. And for the people saying Dan can't go 5 rounds, he just did against Shogun so that's a stupid ass point to make.

Its disappointing for sure. And for the people saying Dan can't go 5 rounds, he just did against Shogun so that's a stupid ass point to make.

Respectfully, Hendo looked worn out by R3, and horrible in the championship rounds. The only reason he made it that far was his chin and the fact that Shogun wasn't "healthy." ;)

When Hendo fought for 5 round against Shogun:
- he was a little more than a year younger;
- kis knee was ok (so he had no problems with cardio training).

And even that younger and healthier Hendo gassed in 3rd and lost both championship rounds (and should have lost one of them 8-10).

When Hendo fought for 5 round against Shogun:
- he was a little more than a year younger;
- kis knee was ok (so he had no problems with cardio training).

And even that younger and healthier Hendo gassed in 3rd and lost both championship rounds (and should have lost one of them 8-10).

Hendo is a warrior, he can go 5 rounds. I'd rather know that there is a possibility of 5 rounds rather than 3. Especially since now the main event will be a 60 second arm-bar between to women fighters i couldn't care less about.

Dana just wants to fuck Ronda? Cause he's a guy and she's a girl? No.

This card will sell more PPVs than a Hendo Machida main event. Fact. Casual fans are much more interested in Ronda Rousey, and she has got much more mainstream exposure than either Hendo or Machida, plus the empowered woman niche will be out in force when they otherwise wouldn't have the slightest interest in the UFC. Machida vs Hendo is not the fight everyone wants to see. Ronda Rousey is who everyone wants to see. When will you people learn that the UFC doesn't care about the hardcore fans. We are hooked already. They care about cracking the mainstream

Oh, I know it was, sir. And those people, in my opinion, were wrong :) It seems to me they were swayed by two big Pride names that finally got to fight each other in a fight that surprisingly went the distance.

But I'm more interested in WHY you think it's FoTY. Was there an amazing display of technique? Was there an amazing display of cardio? Were there any extremely memorable exchanges?

... Or are fans just happy to finally see this fight and respect both men for their chins, which somehow morphed into having "heart?"
You're exactly right. It wasn't even FOTN...Alvarez/Chandler on Bellator was better.

It didn't bother me at all that it was 3 rounds since they are not the Main Event.

You're exactly right. It wasn't even FOTN...Alvarez/Chandler on Bellator was better.

I had front row seats to this fight in Hollywood, Florida. The best fight I've seen live by far.

Back