The Moment You Found Hendo/Machida is Only 3 Rounds

Wasn't the fight signed for 3 rounds to begin with?

Because if it was signed for 5 rounds they could make it even if it wasn't main event i guess.

TS - how on earth was Hendo v Shogun fight of the year? They both looked terrible R3-5.

As for this fight, Hendo's prayers to the MMA gods were heard; Hendo at three rounds has a better chance of beating Machida than at five rounds.

TS - how on earth was Hendo v Shogun fight of the year? They both looked terrible R3-5.

As for this fight, Hendo's prayers to the MMA gods were heard; Hendo at three rounds has a better chance of beating Machida than at five rounds.

it was actually voted FOTY 2011.

Im fine with it. Machida is boring and Henderson gets gassed and slow as a cow after round 2.

It never really bothered me to be honest. And I never saw this as FOTY material either. Usually FOTY kind of fights are back and forth, some guy coming back from near dead like Edgar/Maynard 2 and Shogun/Hendo. To be honest if this fight has Hendo unleashing on Machida like he did on Shogun, I don't think Machida would survive and make a come back, and I am a Machida fan. If Machida wins, I think it would be a patient, picking Hendo apart with Hendo looking lost in there. And if Hendo wins, it would be by some KO. I just don't think it would be back and forth really. Who knows, it could end in a split decision similar to Rampage/Machida fight.

grumpy-cat-04.jpg

Doesn't MATTER. Machida knocks him out in the first or second.

should be great fight. I agree 3 rounds should favor Machida.

I would prefer 5 rounds but, in the end, 3 rounds usually settles things pretty decisively

135256275982.jpg

It will influence both fighters performance in a positive way, and make this match up better imho

wasn't really bothered.

This fight ends in the 1st or 2nd.

I just complained about it being a 3 round fight because I couldn't give a shit about wmma and didn't want that to headline a card, would have been better if it was on the prelims.

A championship fight on prelims?

I thought it was great because honestly, I don't thinl dan can handle 5 rounds anymore, especially coming off of a knee injury

it was actually voted FOTY 2011.

Oh, I know it was, sir. And those people, in my opinion, were wrong :) It seems to me they were swayed by two big Pride names that finally got to fight each other in a fight that surprisingly went the distance.

But I'm more interested in WHY you think it's FoTY. Was there an amazing display of technique? Was there an amazing display of cardio? Were there any extremely memorable exchanges?

... Or are fans just happy to finally see this fight and respect both men for their chins, which somehow morphed into having "heart?"

Ronda Rousey isn't the champion. She is Dana's crush and he just wants to fuck her. WMMA has no credibility.
I'm sorry. According to the UFC website, she's the title holder. I don't believe that a women's division will go over well, but if they're going to try it, they have to make the championship fight the main event. To do anything less would negate the division and the UFC isn't going to do that.

Nobody is forcing anyone to watch the Rousey/Carmouche fight. Perhaps not buying the PPV will show the UFC that nobody is really interested in that division. Besides, I believe the only reason Rousey is promoted so much is because of her looks. Imagine if Cyborg were the title holder.

I'm sorry. According to the UFC website, she's the title holder. I don't believe that a women's division will go over well, but if they're going to try it, they have to make the championship fight the main event. To do anything less would negate the division and the UFC isn't going to do that.

Nobody is forcing anyone to watch the Rousey/Carmouche fight. Perhaps not buying the PPV will show the UFC that nobody is really interested in that division. Besides, I believe the only reason Rousey is promoted so much is because of her looks. Imagine if Cyborg were the title holder.

I have a feeling ppv numbers will do very well for this event, in large part due to Rousey. A lot of women I know are talking about this fight, who don't even give a care about MMA at all.

I have a feeling ppv numbers will do very well for this event, in large part due to Rousey. A lot of women I know are talking about this fight, who don't even give a care about MMA at all.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you as I really don't know how the numbers will be. Rousey is probably the best thing for the women's division right now. She has the looks of a ring girl with the ability to actually fight. It could be very interesting.

I do, however, disagree that the women's divison has no credibility. I think there are a lot of people, men and women alike, that would like to see women having a role in MMA other than just being a ring girl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back