The moment I knew Cormier would dethrone Jones...

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
20140221054046_5D3_1736.JPG

...was the moment he made 205. It was pretty evident by his HW run that this guy does what he wants to his opponents. The Cummins and Hendo fights were just a formality... Rashad would have got raped too if the fight happened. Hendo had the threat of KO power, Jones wont even have that. Cormier by ragdoll, or whatever he wants, and he will make it look easy. Wait and see.

I also see this as a problem for Jones. Lack of KO power could be a problem for Jones.

It doesn't really tell us much about how the Jones fight will go, but it'll be Jones' toughest test by far.

If Jones manages to beat DC, Jones has no business at LHW and should immediately move to HW.

However, it's entirely possible Gus wins the fight, however if Jones wins I expect DC to out wrestle Jones and walk away with a UD (then again, we don't really know how well Jones fights from his back so Cormier could get the finish)

I wasn't surprised at all when DC threw around Hendo the way he did..

I will be shocked if he is able to throw Jones around.

two things tonites fight made me think..

1:dan Henderson, not surprisingly, has seen his better days. I respect him wanting to fight as long as he feels the fire...but his dream of a ufc title is all but smoke at this point.
2:DC, imo, has very little to offer jones as a challenger. ragdolling hendo isn't anywhere close to what he will face in jones. ive been praying for someone to beat jones...and I thought DC might be the best option. but im more convinced than ever that gus is still the only hope in the division at the moment.

DC made me a fan of wrestling which is close to impossible for someone like me. He opened my eyes on what good wrestling really means. Not these guys that just stay in one position. Habib as well.

two things tonites fight made me think..

2:DC, imo, has very little to offer jones as a challenger. ragdolling hendo isn't anywhere close to what he will face in jones.

What about ragdolling and knocking out the other 14 guys he's faced, 13 HW's?

The problem is that i dont think cormier will be facing jones for the title.

Jones needs to work on his guard. With the size difference he might find success with his elbows off the back.

I wasn't surprised at all when DC threw around Hendo the way he did..

I will be shocked if he is able to throw Jones around.

He did this to Josh Barnett. I think he'll throw Jones around if he gets his hands on him.

The question is whether he WILL get his hands on him.

temp-320-53005636.gif

My personal opinion is Jones will dominate Gus the second time around and will then lose to Cormier.

He did this to Josh Barnett. I think he'll throw Jones around if he gets his hands on him.

The question is whether he WILL get his hands on him.

temp-320-53005636.gif

Barnett is really slow and never had impressive takedown defense.

DC made me a fan of wrestling which is close to impossible for someone like me. He opened my eyes on what good wrestling really means. Not these guys that just stay in one position. Habib as well.

People stay in one position because of the guard. Wrestling has none of that shit. It is constant movement. If there is a stalemate in wrestling they restart it and if you are too passive you get penalized.

Jones needs to work on his guard. With the size difference he might find success with his elbows off the back.

I expect DC will keeps his balls firmly planted on Jones chin just like he did with Hendo tonight.

Cormier is coming for that belt

Hendo should of retired years ago, it is TRT that kept him relevant.

Anyway I think DC is the best 205 er on the planet.

Cormier will get inside of eye poke distance, clinch Jones, take him down and grind on him for 25 minutes.

Back