The Moment Gastelum Had Adesanya in Trouble (GIF)

People harp on the takedown attempt too much. He was pretty tired and wanted to just dump Isreal and start bombing on him from the top for a TKO. He bailed on the takedown instantly (as soon as the gif ends) and started throwing again,I don't think it would have made a difference.

Was it the best course of action? probably not but when you're that exausted in a back and forth war you go with your instincts, and when Kelvin was coming up he was a takedown and swarm or takedown and go for the RNC kind of fighter.

KG was tired.

He wanted oxygen more than he wanted to hurt Israel.

to be fair, i would never had expected a left high kick by a short stubby legged dude
didnt even no he can kick that high

Yeah but he didn't get knocked down or was ever that wobbly.
Furthermore this was only Adensanya's fourth good opponent and he has been KOd before in kickboxing and has 5 losses there too.

Jones at that point with Gus had already beaten Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor and Sonnen. All by finish too, except for Rashad.

Jones wasn't an undefeated wrestler, so the point about Israel losing in kickboxing isn't some knock against him.

I don't even know why he's being compared to Jones anyway.

Jones wasn't an undefeated wrestler, so the point about Israel losing in kickboxing isn't some knock against him.

I don't even know why he's being compared to Jones anyway.
Losing by KO definitely means something. Even when it's kickboxing, and not MMA.

I think it would have been fair to call him a hype job before the Gastelum fight considering who he'd beaten up to that point. He proved in this fight though he's up there with the best and won't be an easy out for anyone.

No, it wouldnt. The guy came with a solid kickboxing record, undefeated, completely tooled Tavares and Brunson. Just because the UFC wants to hype him doesnt mean he is just hype. Anyone that thought he was easy work for Kelvin was delusional.

Losing by KO definitely means something. Even when it's kickboxing, and not MMA.

It means a striker on a whole different level than anyone competing in MMA found his chin. That's all it means. Jon Jones getting pinned in wrestling didnt mean DC, an Olympic level talent, would be able to hold him down. There are levels to this shit.

It means a striker on a whole different level than anyone competing in MMA found his chin. That's all it means. Jon Jones getting pinned in wrestling didnt mean DC, an Olympic level talent, would be able to hold him down. There are levels to this shit.
Yeah but being flatline KO'd makes it easier for you to get KO'd in the future, and shows people that it can be done.

Getting pinned down just means someone can hold you down.

Was a great headkick. Everyone seems to be ripping him iwth 'Fight IQ', but i say he was gassed.

Remember when Rampage didn't train enough for Evans, rocked him in the 3rd and then just laid down on him instead of following up? Same exact thing.

Gassed is gassed. He worked hard that 4th round, and he didn't have anything left to follow up with.

Back