The Moment Gastelum Had Adesanya in Trouble (GIF)

I don't know about Gastelum being a tougher fight for Adesanya. Whittaker has way more tools and is a lot more diverse than Gastelum.

But I guess we will find out. This fight should be huge.

I see it going down something like this:

FirstCraftyKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

I get what he was going for. He figured since isreal was almost out on his feet the takedown would come easy and the ground n pound finish or a quick sub would follow immediately behind it.

Backfired just like when Overeem was seconds away from winning the HW title and decided to Go for a guillotine instead of throwing few more punches.

Man that is frustrating when they do that kelvin is gonna regret not going for broke there.

You are sad for assuming someone is a hater because he made a thread about a specific highlight and talked about moment in the fight.
You like other sad clowns were calling him a hype job. Enjoy the AV for your stupidity.

Yup, in hindsight, the takedown attempt was a horrible idea, but I imagine he and his team thought his path to victory was to get him down so that was always in the back of his mind. The problem was, he never could really get him down. So he saw Izzy being hurt as his opportunity to enact plan A, but lo and behold, he still couldn't get him down even with Izzy seeing stars.
That's a good analysis. You could be right.

When fighters are in the middle of the action, especially in later rounds, they don't view the fight the same way as spectators do.

Wrestling was probably a big part of his camp for this fight and with the lack of success he had with the takedowns earlier he probably saw this as a good opportunity.

You like other sad clowns were calling him a hype job. Enjoy the AV for your stupidity.
Actually, I don't recall ever calling him a hype job. If I did, it was said in fun.

And even for those who were bashing the hype, it's not like it wasn't justified. Adesanya didn't really beat anyone worthy until last night. His best wins were Brunson and a 43 year old Anderson Silva. So there were a lot of doubts for a reason.

I never hated on Adesanya, I just like Gastelum more.

No need to be butthurt.

Watching a replay of this Israel doesn’t look like he was in as much trouble as I thought in real time

The kick definitely hurt which allowed that cross to connect, but he was evading any follow ups successfully, the stumble wasn’t because he was rocked but because he stumbled over the cage

Gastelum’s gas tank was depleting at that point and I don’t think he thought Israel was as hurt as we thought

Gastelum was eating strawberries and asking for more in the last round.

Yeah, but he was rocked or maybe rope-a-dope!

The fuk fighters go for a TD on a rocked opponent I will never understand. Happens ALL THE TIME.

The fuk fighters go for a TD on a rocked opponent I will never understand. Happens ALL THE TIME.
Khabib did exactly that, but Khabib had gas tank and proceeded with legendary "Lets talk" while whole crowd was screaming when Concord was beeing beaten.

Gas ran outta gas and would never be able to lift him up or floor him

HE tried, it was a GOAT fight

Back