The Mollywhopper weighs in on Mcgregor/Cerrone

The video argues he picked Cowboy over Gaethje to avoid rape allegations during pressers. Which sounds compelling at first - but at the same time he's saying he wants to fight multiple times this year and has been campaigning for the Khabib rematch, so that theory goes out the window.

Why would it be necessary to fight a nice guy opponent if he's going after his arch rival within a few months?

I also don't get the argument that he's non reactive in trash talking. Sure, he's got some ideas that he probably planned out (like "snake in the grass") but he's got tons of moments which seemed spontaneous like "who da fook is that guy" etc.

Yes but my point is,if he wanted to TRASH cowboy regardless of how cowboy felt about him or not,he would. He is bullshitting when he is saying he isnt trashing cowboy because cowboy is nice to him. He is coming across this way in a attempt to repair his image. Not because he is reacting to cowboy.

He doesnt come into these things like "ill be nice to this guy if he is nice to me"

He is always gonna shit on his opponents,except this time cos of all the shit thats happened to him. Hes gotta rebuild that

Aldo hardly said anything to Conor. Conor was all over him like white on rice. It was like a fucking heavy bag for him to beat upon. So lets not just say Conor's game is all reactive

The close up reactions of Conor when the journalist asks the allegation question says it all. It was such a tame press conference and he still seemed vulnerable.

log off, sure

Lurk, always
giphy.gif
Got ya, spooked ya

Explain how he is reactive? Cos Aldo REALLY gave him SO MUCH to react off of,lol
A real motormouth that one.
Aldo called Conor a clown before Conor ever insulted him, all Conor talked about before that was the skills, Aldo was only used to receiving compliments but Conor saw it differently, he viewed it as basic, said that his Thai-boxer style wouldn't work against him.

Conor's obscene confidence before he proven his skills at that level really bothered a lot of fighters and it's also the reason a lot of haters materialised so quickly.

Aldo hardly said anything to Conor. Conor was all over him like white on rice. It was like a fucking heavy bag for him to beat upon. So lets not just say Conor's game is all reactive
It's not all reactive, but his demeanor is 100% related to the respect shown to him, I think people forget that pretty much every fighter in the game was calling him a joke right up until the Porier fight, he heard it all.

The close up reactions of Conor when the journalist asks the allegation question says it all. It was such a tame press conference and he still seemed vulnerable.
That's why he wont face masvidal until he feels confident enough. Mas knows this and is kind of laying off him lately so he doesnr scare off his biggest payday lol

For real. Everyone other than khabib seems to be handling him with kids gloves and giving him encouragement lol

I love how The Mollywhopper gives props where props is due, but also filet-o-fishes him when its an absolute joke. Dude is a great narrator, lmao.

I love how The Mollywhopper gives props where props is due, but also filet-o-fishes him when its an absolute joke. Dude is a great narrator, lmao.
It's the best mma related thing on YouTube besides actual fights.

Explain how he is reactive? Cos Aldo REALLY gave him SO MUCH to react off of,lol
A real motormouth that one.

you don't think he reacted to Jose Aldo's stoicism? it seemed to me the more Aldo tried to ignore him the more and more Conor put it on him verbally.

you don't think he reacted to Jose Aldo's stoicism? it seemed to me the more Aldo tried to ignore him the more and more Conor put it on him verbally.
It doesnt matter what Aldo did or said,Conor would have done that.

200.gif

He's pretty spot on and the truth will upset a lot of the fanboys.

The video argues he picked Cowboy over Gaethje to avoid rape allegations during pressers. Which sounds compelling at first - but at the same time he's saying he wants to fight multiple times this year and has been campaigning for the Khabib rematch, so that theory goes out the window.

Why would it be necessary to fight a nice guy opponent if he's going after his arch rival within a few months?

The point is that Conor is at a bad place both professionally and personally at this point in his career. He needs to come back to a drama free environment, win in impressive fashion and get the public back on his side.

He'll be in a better position to deal with Khabib with a win under his belt, the fans and media back on his side, and further distance removed from his legal troubles.

I also don't get the argument that he's non reactive in trash talking. Sure, he's got some ideas that he probably planned out (like "snake in the grass") but he's got tons of moments which seemed spontaneous like "who da fook is that guy" etc.

You misinterprete what he means by reactive. He's responding to Akamoto saying that Conor only reacts to the situations as they are. He's pointing out that Conor sets the tone of his fights and is proactive.

Nate,who all on this forum know as a verbose orator of the highest level,really gave Conor so much material for him to react off of,no doubt.
"Conor McGregor, you took everything I ever worked for motherfucker" is what Conor reacted to

with Aldo it was him calling Conor a clown(or something similar)... thats what he reacted to. Until then he had just said he was going to win the belt, then it became

Back