The MMA Wrestling of Jon and DC. The FACTS Exposed.

Another fact: Jake shields (a welterweight) ragdolled Hendo ("lol") wrestling wise. So Shields can take down Cormier easily based on your stupid logic.
And did you consider that maybe Jon Jones didn't train his wrestling as much for the Gustafsson fight?

lol No he didn't. He dominated the wrestling, but there was no ragdolling.

It's an example of mmamath that actually makes sense (althought methinks DC had fought post-TRT Hendo, who was several pounds lighter and not so physically strong).

And DC needs to close the distance to i.plement his superior wrestling. His size is skmiliar to Rashad's and Rashad never managed to put his hands on Jones, IIRC.

That was a horrible fucking read.

TS compared Jones to Sarah Kaufman, multiple times.

Don't read it, it makes no sense.

Good idea but things are different man. Jones
Would destroy hendo and dc already did

Some people still cant understand.DC is a lot stronger and better then any wrestler Jones faced,reach wont matter at all because it will be close fight where DC wants it.You really think Jones can outwrestle DC even tho he couldnt do it on Glover,Gus,Evans?got 1 takedown in 5th round on Evans and Gustafsson and couldnt keep them down but you expect him to hold olympian?

Cmon man, dont let trolls to get to you like that. You must be stupid to think that Jones has a wrestling advantage, and you have to equally as stupid to think DC has a striking advantage.

You make some good points, it's really hard to tell how this all unfolds, especially if Jones is creative and has more output than he sometimes does, but DC is clearly the better wrestler. Very good chance he does take Jones down and treat him like he did Hendo. Not sure if that will happen, but it wouldn't shock me at all. I would be shocked if Jones outwrestled DC in this fight. He's not getting a clean takedown on DC, no way, he'd have to hurt him first, possibly a spinning elbow or something like that, but he's not taking him down, probably not even on a well timed shot.

TS: Solid analysis. Ignore the shertards with their monthly case of Menstrual Herpes.

I think you did fail a few points:

1. Jones fought vicious anti-wrestlers such as Machida and found other ways to win.

2. Jones has had to adapt to more situations mid-fight than DC.

3. Cormier hasn't fought the same murderer's row as Jones. It doesn't compare!

4. Jones cannot and will not beat DC the way he did Rashad, but that is the best outcome Jones can get from this one.

Too bad we never got Rashad vs DC, that would have been a fun fight to see. I think DC would take it, but Shad would make him adapt a few times. I hope DC wins because unlike Jones, DC is a real man, and a man's man.

Jones is a hero to prepubescent teenagers who laugh at potty jokes. "Hey Beavis, he said Meat..."

Jones had to adapt more in the Gus fight (just to survive) than DC has had to adapt to any fight in his entire career. I think Jones can take this by fighting smart and forcing DC to constantly adapt. If you make someone constantly adapt, you might open up a weakness somewhere. If DC is forced to adapt too much, he might get into trouble.

Will be a helluva fight. It has potential to end by TKO at any time (including the first).

A few more pointers...

1. Jones has never KO'd an ironchin like Bigfoot Silva which MUST count for something. Bigroid Silva, the guy that went to a "Draw" (which should be expunged to a loss) vs Mark Hunt.

2. DC has fought "guys like Jones" (heavyweights with big reach and height) his whole MMA career.

3. I wonder how Jones could do at HW. I am certain that DC could KO the reem, ben rothwell, mark hunt and could bring a good war to JDS.
I cannot say the same about Jones.

DC fought better competition. He's fought guys like Barnett who would almost certainly beat Jones. Jones hasn't fought a single guy who would give DC a fight at all, in fact, nobody has given him one yet.

Another fact: Jake shields (a welterweight) ragdolled Hendo ("lol") wrestling wise. So Shields can take down Cormier easily based on your stupid logic.
And did you consider that maybe Jon Jones didn't train his wrestling as much for the Gustafsson fight?

Hendo had a short camp for that fight, dominated the first two rounds, then totally gassed. Only then did Shields start scoring takedowns on him, and he hardly ragdolled Hendo, he just won a solid decision.

you disgrace canada with your lack of understanding of the word fact.

Its actually a decent read if you aren't retarded

No, it's actually a decent read if you are retarded but don't know you're retarded.

Hendo was roided up vs Rashad but clean against DC. Rashad's style is different than DC's therefore their effectiveness against different opponents would be/will be different.

There are a litany of other errors, stupid statements, nut chuggling beliefs, and whacked out statements in TS' thread but you can only see that if you're NOT retarded.

Great read ts. Great collection of facts. Would read again.

Great post.

I'm having dejavu with this fight back to the Weidman-Silva 1. The wrestling edge will be enough to impact the striking and spark a new champion. But the masses can't see it and claim the champ is unlike anyone the challenger has fought.

DC is like his teammate Cain and Weidman... Their wrestling puts them on another level.

I don't see how its mmath when ts is only talking about 1 martial art.... Wrestling

No, it's actually a decent read if you are retarded but don't know you're retarded.

Hendo was roided up vs Rashad but clean against DC. Rashad's style is different than DC's therefore their effectiveness against different opponents would be/will be different.

There are a litany of other errors, stupid statements, nut chuggling beliefs, and whacked out statements in TS' thread but you can only see that if you're NOT retarded.

I don't think anyone's retarded in this thread, but while you make some good counterpoints, I still think TS's line of reasoning has merit.

More to the simple fact of based on recent track records, it seems like the masses are overrating JBJ's wrestling, while under rating DC's, by assuming they will be close. They won't be.

Back