The MMA Media at Press Conferences Needs to be Screened Better

If they actually screened the MMA Media there would be no MMA Media there to ask any questions

Morgan asks the most boring predictable questions possible.

"What was going thru your head when that recent thing happened and what was that moment like?'

He does, but journalism doesn't exist for entertainment. He never puts words in people's mouths or tries to sensationalize anything.

I agree though, it would be nice if there was more variation in his questions.

He does, but journalism doesn't exist for entertainment. He never puts words in people's mouths or tries to sensationalize anything.

I agree though, it would be nice if there was more variation in his questions.
The questions he asks are so vague and bland.

Fighters go through a week of getting asked the same questions over and over again while malnourished and dehydrated and if they win they get to start every single press conference segment with the same generic company friendly softball question.

A lot of the better MMA media members left the MMA sites or got the fury of Dana. Loretta, Breen, Gross, Helwani, even Straka. I don't see Thomas often there anymore. Morgan and Iole are left, those who are polite. And guys that are just there for the circus, like Pink Suit Guy.

The pressers aren't that much to cover the sport now, but for hype.

The questions he asks are so vague and bland.

Fighters go through a week of getting asked the same questions over and over again while malnourished and dehydrated and if they win they get to start every single press conference segment with the same generic company friendly softball question.

Would you rather have that or the Schmo screaming at everyone in a costume?

Morgan's a company guy but I'll still take him over the social media reporters that are also company people. It's just sad it's gotten to this point.

Have you seen shieks attempts at twitter? Guy would be gold at pressers
Im just sayin,hes a shoo-in for the types they seem to like to ask questions here

Why was Pena there this week?

And now you know why Ariel is the highest paid journalist in mma.

Shes using up her 15 mins,if its indeed to be only 15 mins. Smart move.

Ergh, thought as much. Shouldn't have let her in the building. Was scanning the headlines from the media day and it was all clips of her talking and then 1 or 2 of Francis saying "WHO" about Tom.

Ergh, thought as much. Shouldn't have let her in the building. Was scanning the headlines from the media day and it was all clips of her talking and then 1 or 2 of Francis saying "WHO" about Tom.
She says that she has made herself available for any media they'd like her to do. I think they like that shes willing to put the work in.

Would you rather have that or the Schmo screaming at everyone in a costume?

Morgan's a company guy but I'll still take him over the social media reporters that are also company people. It's just sad it's gotten to this point.

Yes. The Schmo gets fighters to open up with his goofiness. They go to sleep when Morgan asks them stuff like: “I just want you to tell me how it feels this fight week and what can you expect going into the fight”

No one really cares about the answer. People just want to see the fighters show personality

Yes. The Schmo gets fighters to open up with his goofiness. They go to sleep when Morgan asks them stuff like: “I just want you to tell me how it feels this fight week and what can you expect going into the fight”
The Schmo thing should not be at press conferences though. That could be for something else. He is acting like a drooling retard sometimes,and its embarassing.

The Schmo thing should not be at press conferences though. That could be for something else. He is acting like a drooling retard sometimes,and its embarassing.

I’m more talking about his interviews I haven’t seen his antics in press conferences. Probably does feel a bit out of place in front of a crowd

I’m more talking about his interviews I haven’t seen his antics in press conferences. Probably does feel a bit out of place in front of a crowd
Thats my main point. The press conferences have become a total circus. Its one thing for the crowd to be rowdy and disrespectful,but to have incompetent amateur media is "cringe" as they say.

MMA pressers are the modern day Victorian freak show.

No one really cares about the answer. People just want to see the fighters show personality

I've gotten as much or more out of Morgan's questions as I have with the Schmo's. They're all pointless softball questions. One is wearing a costume and screaming while the other isn't. Even at this press conference the Schmo's questions were as pointless as anyone's.

Back