the MMA community makes me sick sometimes man. seriously.

Yeah, that is pathetic. He showed a lot of heart taking that beating, only to keep coming, and not giving up. He did not deserve any boos.

I have to admit, I thought he was broken at the end of the first but he hung in there and delivered some shots til the end. Did not deserve to be booed.

10 years ago if someone asked me if I watched MMA i'd say fuck yeah man, and get into a huge conversation with them. Now I avoid people who talk about MMA like the plague. I only talk about it with people I train with.

10 years ago if someone asked me if I watched MMA i'd say fuck yeah man, and get into a huge conversation with them. Now I avoid people who talk about MMA like the plague. I only talk about it with people I train with.

Most MMA fans will make you feel embarrassed to be an MMA fan.

broke my fucking heart when Junior dos Santos Cigano said "why are you doing that?" to all the people booing him after the fight

Agreed, it was a great fight (surprisingly one sided to be honest) between 2 great fighters that are also good people, i was pulling for Cain but im a fan of both, JDS will grow stronger after this, just like Cain did, you just wait and see.

Deal with it, they are Americans. LOL.
I was half-way expecting chants of U-S-A! U-S-A!

Americans? Chanting Mexico? Be ready, if Dana can get all the mexican crowd that he is looking for, we are gonna see this kind of behavior every time that a mexican be fighting, same that in boxing

Cain beat JDS so hard he looks like Matthew Modine now!

188724_515767115123549_967746151_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dude, they paid for the seat. They can do whatever the fuck they want.

And Brazilian crowds have never boo'd American fighters, right?

It's bullshit but will not go away.

as much as i love the Reem

i felt bad for JDS, does anyone have a youtube video of that momment :( i want to listen to it again it sounded so childlike and sad at the same time.

Mine too, definitely hit a feel spot. I almost shed a tear for the guy. Seems like such a nice dude and fought his fucking heart out tonight. Only to be booed by the douchebags in Vegas. Junior should never have to fight in front of those tards again.

No one, for that matter, should fight in Vegas.

I've been saying this for years..they are some of the worst fans..It really doesn't help the experience when watching it from home.

His (and Cain's) performance was rather poor, IMO, or at least much less than I expected out of a championship fight. However booing is not at all called for.

Guy gets mauled for 25 minutes straight, refuses to give up and ends up looking like cookie dough. Then these so called MMA fans boo him, seems reasonable. Idiots.

Was kind a heartbreaking when he said " Why are you doing that? "

"Why are you doing that?"
Maybe because jds has become, in recent months, one of the cockiest dudes in the game, always talking about this or that. He went from likeable friendly champ to sonnen brazil, then couldn't back it up.

I think the booing was due to the fact that JDS did not put up a fight. It's like instead of him running away Klib Sterns style, he just let Cain give him a red headed stepchild beatdown.

He was just trying to go for a uppercut or KO punch and was not doing anything to at least pressure Cain.

He shown he had nothing for Cain.

MMA won't get respect as a sport with its own fans booing every time a fight isn't a slugfest or there's a grappling exchange.

I used to have dreams of seeing the UFC on par with the NFL and NBA.

Sadly, I doubt that will ever happen.

I agree. I was watching an interview with larry merchant this morning, I guess hes retiring or something, he said that the sport of boxing can not be fixed, but it will not die.. i think the same will apply to MMA. he said that although its not as mainstream as it used to be, there is a dedicated community which keeps it alive

There have been fights won by a non-Brazilian, and boos were minimal.

I don't like the boo's, but I do get tired of the double standard. People want to trash the American and Canadian fans for boo'ing while its OK for other countries to do it.

Back