the MMA community makes me sick sometimes man. seriously.

No, the U-S-A chants wouldn't make sense since Cain is Mexican, was born in Mexico, can only speak "Mexican" and has BROWN PRIDE tattoo'd on his chest.

The crowd should be chanting ME-HEE-KO! ME-HEE-KO!

I am 99% sure that Cain was born in central California.

Deal with it, they are Americans. LOL.
I was half-way expecting chants of U-S-A! U-S-A!

American fans are far from the most nationalistic when it comes to prize fighting.

JDS took bombs all night, and most of them would have killed a mere mortal. Anyone who booed JDS (especially since the fight started off with Cigano chants) should be banned from MGM fights from now on.

Makes me sick too. And the answer is NATIONALISM. There were a lot more Mexicans/Mexican-Americans in the audience than Brazilians (just the way things are... you didn't hear Obama and Romney and all the political pundits talking about the Brazilian vote, you heard them talking about the Hispanic/Mexican vote.

Nationalism is the worst. Plain old Americans are bad about it too, with the chants of "USA USA USA!" now and then. Canadians are about equally as bad as we Americans are, though when it comes to GSP they're downright nasty. They booed Carlos Condit. Americans would never have booed GSP if he came here, fought his ass off, and lost (or won).

But it seems the absolute worst are Brazilians and Mexicans. Brazilians are the worst of all, so in a way it's a taste of their own medicine, I just hate seeing a warrior like JDS have to be the brunt of that immature stupidity.

The best are the Japanese. You'd NEVER hear a Japanese crowd boo a fighter for being from another country.

I see it as an issue of maturity. The Japanese are the most mature. Mexicans/Mexican-Americans and Brazilians/Brazilian-Americans are the least mature. Americans and Canadians are somewhere in the middle.

Be thankful that the UFC is not going to go places like Saudi Arabia or Pakistan and having American fighters fight their own muslim fighters. It wouldn't be booos, it would be bombs.

Im guessing most of those where people who lost money on the fight.

I wish death to all those disrespectful flesh bags.

Karma came home to roost and JDS got tooled. Thats what happens when you get too arrogant and c9cky.

Not a huge JDS fan but it was disgusting. Dude puts everything he has in a fight and the Crowd give him boos.

Too many Just Bleed fans. Hopefully one day they just have events at Japan (one can only wish)

Some people are shitpieces. Some shitpieces are mma fans. Some shitpiece mma fans were present at UFC 155. Fuck those people.

I hope everyone who booed JDS gets ball cancer. ****s.

Booing is nothing new. It just hurts more when it comes at your fighters expense. You guys are making far too much of this.

like I said before, when American fighters fight in Brazil it's the same if not worse.

Let's see if you guys post threads about this when Diaz gets booed in Canada.

Guys are just reaching for shit now because there is no excuse for how bad he got tooled. If it had been a KO than everyone would be saying it was a flash KO or a lucky punch or an early stoppage, but because he got systematically torn apart JDS fans will search for other reasons to bitch.

I am 99% sure that Cain was born in central California.

He is Natural Born US Citizen.

People are upset because the UFC puts the mexican flag behind him instead of the US flag...the UFC wants to grab more of the mexican boxing market. I personally hate it, but, it will help make the sport grow.

Booing is nothing new. It just hurts more when it comes at your fighters expense. You guys are making far too much of this.

like I said before, when American fighters fight in Brazil it's the same if not worse.

Guys are just reaching for shit now because there is no excuse for how bad he got tooled. If it had been a KO than everyone would be saying it was a flash KO or a lucky punch or an early stoppage, but because he got systematically torn apart JDS fans will search for other reasons to bitch.

I agree. Where is all this 'compassion' when Jones has senseless thread after senseless fighter bashing thread made against him? The peolple here are every bit the problem too!

lol what about the fans in brazil chanting "you are going to die" ?

It just makes me miss the Pride audience, or even any Japanese audience for that matter, who cheered for a fighter regardless. A win, a loss or a great effort the Japanese crowd can recognise talent a lot better than the drunken, blood-thirsty Las Vegas fans that were there tonight. JDS definitely deserves respect for his heart and determination!

Go move to Japan then. We won't miss you.

Cultures are different everywhere around this world. Deal with it.

Another possibility for certain mma fans being pissed off about the booing is that people, regardless of being Dos Santos fans or not, respected his resiliency and fortitude to fight a five-round bout and survive the punishment that he endured.

It seems like a great number off MMA fans are just intellectually immature.
I hate to say it, you see it on forums as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back