The Mir Lock

It's essentially a keylock/short-armbar hybrid that he just torqued due to the position he was in and the inexperience of his opponent.

There are times when you roll, whether it is sub-wrestling, BJJ, etc... where weird opporutnities present themselves and you just gotta take'm.

Oh hey guys, take that "who's a better grappler" discussion to a different thread.

Yes, right on! Just hop over legs. Oh, but hop over while Mir has Your leg grapevined ? You're a turd. You would've tapped faster than William's did. In fact, I would LOVE to roll some jiu jitsu with You and see how easily You can escape it, turd bait.

In an interview even Mir said he was surprised Williams left the arm in there. He said its a basic move that he was just using to sweep and Pete never defended it. But hey, you have the word grappling in your name so you must be a better practitioner than Mir.

This part's cute too. One NCAA title = Wrestling GOAT

This guy's never heard of Gable? Baumgartner? The Brands bros? Sanderson? Mocco? Dake?

Hell, Johnny Hendricks' wrestling pedigree puts Brock's to shame.

he didnt say GOAT but he was pretty good with a 33-0 high school record and a 106-5 college record.

now wats ur excuse?

No one who knew jack about MMA ever had either guy ahead of Werdum since Werdum's been fighting. I think the "fans and pundits" that you refer to are internet fanboys like yourself.

So "ADCC ain't the UFC" bro?

Well tell me, who's outgrappled Werdum, Roger, Maia, or Jacare since they've moved to MMA?

Elite grappling is elite grappling.

Mir is not an elite grappler.

Elite grapplers don't get owned on the ground by a pro-wrestler with 2 years BJJ experience.

You call me a fanboy in the same post you call Brock a pro-wrestler? Any credibility you MAY have had just went bye bye. 106-5 as a collegiate wrestler, NCAA HW Champion. Do some research before you post.

Werdum has 22 fights, with 5 losses. The best grappler he has faced is probably Gonzaga, so THAT fails as an argument.

Roger has 6 FIGHTS, and the best grappler he has faced is probably King Mo, a FEROCIOUS grappler. THAT fails as an argument.

Maia has 21 fights, and the best grappler he has faced is probably Weidman or Munoz, so THAT fails as an argument.

Jacare has 20 fights, and the best grappler he has faced is probably an over the hill Matt Lindland, so THAT fails as an argument.

Wrestling is the oldest and arguably most dominant grappling style in the world. The only person to ever dominate Mir in grappling is Brock, one of the best wrestlers ever. And Mir subbed Roberto Traven, a pretty accomplished ADCC grappler himself. What else ya got?

In an interview even Mir said he was surprised Williams left the arm in there. He said its a basic move that he was just using to sweep and Pete never defended it. But hey, you have the word grappling in your name so you must be a better practitioner than Mir.
Leaving an arm in there for too long is something completely different than what the poster you quoted responded to. What he responded to was the notion that Williams just needed to hop over the legs, which is stupid since Mir had full control over one of them.

You call me a fanboy in the same post you call Brock a pro-wrestler? Any credibility you MAY have had just went bye bye. 106-5 as a collegiate wrestler, NCAA HW Champion. Do some research before you post.

Werdum has 22 fights, with 5 losses. The best grappler he has faced is probably Gonzaga, so THAT fails as an argument.

Roger has 6 FIGHTS, and the best grappler he has faced is probably King Mo, a FEROCIOUS grappler. THAT fails as an argument.

Maia has 21 fights, and the best grappler he has faced is probably Weidman or Munoz, so THAT fails as an argument.

Jacare has 20 fights, and the best grappler he has faced is probably an over the hill Matt Lindland, so THAT fails as an argument.

Wrestling is the oldest and arguably most dominant grappling style in the world. The only person to ever dominate Mir in grappling is Brock, one of the best wrestlers ever. And Mir subbed Roberto Traven, a pretty accomplished ADCC grappler himself. What else ya got?

frank-mir-headphones.gif

I don't believe I have EVER claimed to be a better practitioner than Mir, so please refrain from making feeble attempts in speaking on my behalf, as I more than capable of handling that. That would be like saying Mir is a better practitioner than Nogueira because he successfully kimura'd him. You make no sense what so ever. Go away, little girl.

Careful, he gets mad when you suggest this type of thing.

This part's cute too. One NCAA title = Wrestling GOAT

This guy's never heard of Gable? Baumgartner? The Brands bros? Sanderson? Mocco? Dake?

Hell, Johnny Hendricks' wrestling pedigree puts Brock's to shame.

Your reading comprehension stinks. Never said GOAT. But hey, twist my words to prop up your weak-ass argument all you want.

Your reading comprehension stinks. Never said GOAT. But hey, twist my words to prop up your weak-ass argument all you want.

You said one of the best ever. Hell, he's not even in the top 100.

You're just mad when you talk out of your ass and people call you on it.

Frank Mir is probably the most dangerous ground fighter in the HW division. And no, I haven't forgotten about Werdum.

Frank Mir is probably the most dangerous ground fighter in the HW division. And no, I haven't forgotten about Werdum.

"Dangerous" from the perspective that you might have a limb torn off before you get a chance to tap, sure.

But he's not better than Werdum.

Back