The Mir Lock

Yet prior to the 2nd Mir fight, the vast majority of fans and pundits had Mir and Nog as the 2 best HW MMA grapplers. Last I checked, ADCC aint the UFC....

Come on, Mir is great on the ground and it's great that you are a fan but, check the link I posted before. Mir admits Werdum is the better grappler, BJJ, ground fighter.

Ahaha, proof that it works!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I will have to add the "hop over legs" submission defense to my personal arsenal. But honestly, big difference between an armbar and a shoulder crank. Cool to see Franklin escape that armbar though.

Well, he got easily stiffled on the ground against Brock at UFC 100, definitely outgrappled then.

I think that Mir had proved multiple times that his submissions are absolutely deadly (most certainly best in HW MMA), but his positional game always had a lot of holes. Same with TDs.

Seriously, some people don't know the difference between great submissions and great grappling.

Brock, who trained BJJ all of two years, absolutely grapplef'd Mir through positional domination and not leaving any openings. Nog jumped for a guillotine instead of securing position, and paid for it.

Werdum doesn't do crap like that. Mir would be out of his league.

Hop over legs. problem solved. and def not a keyboard warrior like you bro.
Great advice. Second lesson: To avoid being choked out, just don't stop breathing and pump blood to your brain. Easy.

Just let me hop bro!

2r45549.gif

I know all the sherdog warriors were saying they learn this on the first day of bjj class, but seeing that in real time was awesome.

Well, he got easily stiffled on the ground against Brock at UFC 100, definitely outgrappled then.

I think that Mir had proved multiple times that his submissions are absolutely deadly (most certainly best in HW MMA), but his positional game always had a lot of holes. Same with TDs.

By one of the best HW wrestlers in the world, while being punched repeatedly.

Yet prior to the 2nd Mir fight, the vast majority of fans and pundits had Mir and Nog as the 2 best HW MMA grapplers. Last I checked, ADCC aint the UFC....

No one who knew jack about MMA ever had either guy ahead of Werdum since Werdum's been fighting. I think the "fans and pundits" that you refer to are internet fanboys like yourself.

So "ADCC ain't the UFC" bro?

Well tell me, who's outgrappled Werdum, Roger, Maia, or Jacare since they've moved to MMA?

Elite grappling is elite grappling.

Mir is not an elite grappler.

Elite grapplers don't get owned on the ground by a pro-wrestler with 2 years BJJ experience.

No one who knew jack about MMA ever had either guy ahead of Werdum since Werdum's been fighting. I think the "fans and pundits" that you refer to are internet fanboys like yourself.

So "ADCC ain't the UFC" bro?

Well tell me, who's outgrappled Werdum, Roger, Maia, or Jacare since they've moved to MMA?

Elite grappling is elite grappling.

Mir is not an elite grappler.

Elite grapplers don't get owned on the ground by a pro-wrestler with 2 years BJJ experience.

Thank you.

He was not in lockdown. For that lock you have the right leg over their leg and the left leg across the body like a scissor sweep.

As for the reason we don't see that much, sweat. With a gi I get that all the time, but nogi it gets too slippery.

I know what lockdown is. From looking at the gif it looked like lockdown to me, but whatever, he definitely had his leg locked down, there wasn't gonna be any hopping. I'm guessing you knew that's what I meant.

Come on, Mir is great on the ground and it's great that you are a fan but, check the link I posted before. Mir admits Werdum is the better grappler, BJJ, ground fighter.

Doesn't have anything to do with me being a fan. I think Mir is the better MMA grappler, I thought I made that pretty clear. You may not agree, but many people do.

I know what lockdown is. From looking at the gif it looked like lockdown to me, but whatever, he definitely had his leg locked down, there wasn't gonna be any hopping. I'm guessing you knew that's what I meant.

Just admit you're grappling illiterate already.

"It looked like lockdown! He had his leg locked down!"

Seriously, some people don't know the difference between great submissions and great grappling.

Brock, who trained BJJ all of two years, absolutely grapplef'd Mir through positional domination and not leaving any openings. Nog jumped for a guillotine instead of securing position, and paid for it.

Werdum doesn't do crap like that. Mir would be out of his league.

Positional domination due to WRESTLING. You do realize that Brock was one of the best collegiate wrestlers in history, right? Nice try at making it seem like Brock isn't one of the most expert grapplers in the world, though.

Positional domination due to WRESTLING. You do realize that Brock was one of the best collegiate wrestlers in history, right? Nice try at making it seem like Brock isn't one of the most expert grapplers in the world, though.

Well, my work here is done.

Didn't Brock say he was going to keep up with sub wrestling even though he was done fighting?Would love to see Mir vs Brock 3 grappling only.

I disagree.

This is one of the best matches we haven't had the privilege of witnessing yet.

It's one of those matches where a K.O. on the feet would be thoroughly disappointing.

didn't Mir also throw the UFC's only ever toe hold?

This part's cute too. One NCAA title = Wrestling GOAT

This guy's never heard of Gable? Baumgartner? The Brands bros? Sanderson? Mocco? Dake?

Hell, Johnny Hendricks' wrestling pedigree puts Brock's to shame.

Back