The Mir Lock

LOL this.

Williams' career highlight is this moment:

23vavme.jpg

It's all over your face. Just calling it like I see it.

i usually don't get sucked in by trolls but bravo, you got me.

Anyone who compares Nog's grappling to to Werdum's is either stupid or trolling.

Nog got subbed by friggin Ricco Rodriguez in ADCC.

Um...Ricco trains with Jean Jacques Machado, he's also a 3rd degree bjj black belt, and has won bronze, silver and gold at ADCC.

cause its incredibly easy to defend. pete williams is just an idiot.

It's actually not that easy to defend, especially if the guy is willing to throw it on really fast. I'm a purple belt in BJJ, and one of my former instructors used to catch me like this once a month or so. If he's forced your shoulders to turn, then you're in trouble, and god knows that can happen easily.

Its not that easy to escape because it gets locked in really, really fast and if your arms stuck its going to get tweaked..You can see how much pain Pete Williams is in and Mir is known for going all out on subs.

Anyone who compares Nog's grappling to to Werdum's is either stupid or trolling.

Idk man, did you see Nog vs Werdum? On the ground it was extremely back and forth with each of them having their moments. Maybe in pure jiu-jitsu Werdum is on a completely different level but Nog kept up with him when they fought

Nice..seeing dubs get handed out in real time..This is like apocalypse week on the .net

Why don't we see this move used more in the UFC ?

tumblr_mbsj5zROKf1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

UFC 36 - Frank Mir vs Pete Williams

Discuss

That move is hard as hell to catch anyone with from the bottom if they're grappling competent. It's a bit easier from the top though.

Mir himself said he was just using that move to initiate a sweep or something. Pete just happened to get caught up in it. It's not really a move that someone in the UFC should be getting caught in.

Um...Ricco trains with Jean Jacques Machado, he's also a 3rd degree bjj black belt, and has won bronce, silver and gold at ADCC.

I'm not saying Ricco's bad! I'm just saying he's not on the same elite level as Werdum.

You'd never see Werdum getting tapped by Ricco.

I don't really know. It's an effective move if you can get someone in it, especially for a guy who is as strong and explosive as Mir.

Ricco Rodriguez who won ADCC? The 3rd degree BB in BJJ? Former UFC HW champ? How he could lose to a chump like that? :rolleyes:

It hurts so bad too! Assistant instructor @ my BJJ gym likes to do this alot..You can't tap quick enough!!

So true ! You can't tap fast enough once Your shoulder starts getting cranked. It's either tap or have Your rotator cuff ripped out of it's socket like Mir did to Big Nog from his kimura. Hmmm... maybe Nog should've just "hopped" over Mir's legs, huh Twister44?

Back