The Mike Pence thread....

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Tobacco, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Tobacco

Tobacco --------------------------------------------------

So. while rumors of The Don offering Kasich both domestic and foreign policy ownership may or may not be substantiated, one thing is for sure is The Don will need to lean on a lot of people.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good or great POTUS, but it's like someone who is a life long CEO of one company switching over to CEO of a new company in a different industry. There is a lot of getting up to speed involved. We've seen The Don lost on what the Nuclear Triad is, and there has to be a lot of elements of politics that he is not well versed in.

This makes the VP pick more important than normal. But Mike Pence feels like a stranger to me, and certainly doesn't evoke emotion of The Don or Hillary, but it could be argued much more so than the Democratic side, a vote for Trump, is a vote for whatever Mike Pence's policies may be.

So the question is, what are the Sherbro war room's thoughts on Mike Pence's policies?

2. Jin Akutsu

Jin Akutsu Gengar Belt Platinum Member

He's your average Christian conservative cuck. Hates the gays, against abortion, wants religion in schools, ect.

Just there to sure up the Ted Cruz portion of the GOP base.

3. OverCoronavirus Pressure

OverCoronavirus Pressure I don't think you ready for this jelly

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    If Trump wins, his first few days of New POTUS education will be staggering.

4. Leroy Jenkins

Leroy Jenkins Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Typical right wing republican....Which is oddly enough the thing people voting for trump supposedly don't want lol.

I feel trump is just trolling for the most part, he won't do most of what he says...The only thing he will do is fuck up the economy thru horrible tax plan, but all the other shit is BS IMO.

5. ripskater

ripskater Guest

Pence is probably a conservative Christian as far as policy. So if that's the case, I like it.

6. ripskater

ripskater Guest

I doubt that Pence hates gay people.

7. Jin Akutsu

Eh, that's the way I see it. Doesn't matter to me either way or change my idea of why Pence was picked.

8. ripskater

ripskater Guest

Well the left always throws the word "hate" around. They accuse everyone of hate and racism. It gets old. Especially when it's not true.

Slippery Kantus likes this.
  9. Jin Akutsu

I'm a Trumper, it seems his voting record indicates he isn't a fan of them persay. Whether that's the truth or not doesn't make a bit of difference to me.

10. bad seed

bad seed Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

he was willing to crash his state's economy to deny them rights.

11. OverCoronavirus Pressure

OverCoronavirus Pressure I don't think you ready for this jelly

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    Elucidate what that looks like?

12. Tobacco

Tobacco --------------------------------------------------

So if Air Force 1 crashes, it's like Ted Cruz is in the white house? Pence is closest to Cruz from that large field of GOP primary candidates?

13. ehtheist

ehtheist #FreeBanchan Banned

What the hell do people think the word “cuck” means these days?

14. ehtheist

In other news, Mike Pence resisted letting corporate bullying dictate what legislation was acceptable in his state. What a prick. If Disney wants it, by the power invested in him it’s his damned job to make sure they get it.

15. ripskater

ripskater Guest

Less money going to Planned Parenthood to kill a bunch of unborn babies.

Rex Kwon Do likes this.
  16. ripskater

ripskater Guest

What rights was he denying to gays?

17. ripskater

ripskater Guest

He probably like most Christians believes it's a sin. But he's not gonna do anything to them

18. bad seed

bad seed Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

That's another way of seeing it. One that I dont necessarily disagree with- however, one can't ignore his motivations for doing so.

is this where you say gays have the same right to marry the opposite sex as heteros? That's always a good knee slapper.

19. Rex Kwon Do

Rex Kwon Do ál-ḥámdúlílláh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A man with integrity and a strong moral compass that doesn't allow political expediency alter his deeply held beliefs.

ripskater likes this.
  20. ehtheist

Oh, absolutely. Actually, I don’t like his motivations and I’m mixed on the particular issue in question – business rights to deny people service VS person’s right to not be discriminated against for their sexual preferences, and I believe both positions have very real merit.

The thing is, there is a mechanism in place for the people to dictate to an elected official whether they approve of what she/he is doing or not, and it’s voting her/him in or out next election. It is absolutely not letting Disney come in and push its weight around until the state gives it what it wants because even if we agree with individual instances of what they’re pushing for, the precedent of such corporate bullying is absolutely terrifying. Supporting companies bullying state governments because you agree with the issue is like supporting Isis because they blew up someone you didn’t like. Pence giving in is taking the power away from the people and giving it to the mega corporations – and isn’t that something we usually oppose? Well, at least until we agree with what they’re doing, it seems.