The metal thread \m/

New Gojira songs sound great, not as brootal as before but still heavy enough, looking forward to the rest of the album being released.
I have the record preordered. Is it just me or is the band going to release every single song before the album even drops?

I have the record preordered. Is it just me or is the band going to release every single song before the album even drops?
That's the new standard in music, release all your content spread out for months, drop an album, tour.

Yeah this shits me, of course I could wait and listen to the whole thing but I can’t resist ha ha

New Gojira songs sound great, not as brootal as before but still heavy enough, looking forward to the rest of the album being released.

That's good shit. Kind of dumbed down but more diverse and melodic than usual. They kind of went Black Album and it's a success IMO.

That's good shit. Kind of dumbed down but more diverse and melodic than usual. They kind of went Black Album and it's a success IMO.

Yeah fair call, there's still enough heaviness on there but I can see old fans may not like this direction. They have such a great groove to them and certainly have some originality for mine, hard to do these days.

Yeah fair call, there's still enough heaviness on there but I can see old fans may not like this direction. They have such a great groove to them and certainly have some originality for mine, hard to do these days.

Yeah, I guess some fans have to complain. To me the constant technical showcase is a bit of a dead-end over the long term, even if their old work is great. And you can definitely tell Fortitude is Gojira's work after a few seconds, that's still their sound and spirit.

I'm sure I would be waaay less lenient with them if I was 20 years younger lol.

I was hoping for more myself. I've noticed CC albums lately tend to sound the same with slight variations but that is to be expected from them at this point. I just wish they would step out of their comfort zone every now and again.

Also the third Liquid Tension Experiment album was released yesterday. I finally got to listen to it and I have to say the musicianship of Petrucci, Levin, Rudess and Portnoy is as always top notch. The album is pretty good but doesn't have the same feeling that their debut did back in 1998.

Also one of my favorite bands as of this moment King Buffalo is releasing 3 new albums this year.

This is the first single "Hebetation" off of the first album "The Burden of Restlessness" set for release on June 4th. I preordered the deluxe edition limited to 300 when preorders dropped on April 2nd.
*snipped*

Anyone who is a fan of Heavy Psych will enjoy King Buffalo. They are a 3 piece band formed in 2013 from Rochester in my home state of New York. This is from their 2019 set at Freak Valley Festival.

Also, Bongzilla is set to release their latest album Weedsconsin due out on April 20th. This is the third single. The band did a live version of it a couple weeks back. It has been a little less than 16 years since the band has released a new record and I am stoked.

The band Dvne released their latest album earlier this year Etemen Ænka and it is downright amazing from start to finish. In contention for album of the year and there is still a lot of other albums that haven't been released yet

Ah damnit you got me all hyped. I was thinking that was BONGRIPPER.

Ah damnit you got me all hyped. I was thinking that was BONGRIPPER.

The band remastered Satan Worshipping Doom for the 10th anniversary last year. I snagged a copy of it on vinyl and holy fuck does it sound even better. Most remasters are just cash grabs but this one isn't at all. The music sounds less muddled and I can hear things I never heard in the original mix
fzb3jblr92161.jpg

Here is the remaster on YouTube

Came home from work at 5, went for an afternoon bike ride, came back around 6ish, hoped in the shower then ate dinner with the weed tea I made. I'm starting to feel it do its magic. Watching their October, 18th 2019 set at the Into the Void Festival from Neushoorn Leeuwarden, Netherlands. This band is some of the heaviest instrumental music I have ever heard.

The band remastered Satan Worshipping Doom for the 10th anniversary last year. I snagged a copy of it on vinyl and holy fuck does it sound even better. Most remasters are just cash grabs but this one isn't at all. The music sounds less muddled and I can hear things I never heard in the original mix
fzb3jblr92161.jpg

Here is the remaster on YouTube

Came home from work at 5, went for an afternoon bike ride, came back around 6ish, hoped in the shower then ate dinner with the weed tea I made. I'm starting to feel it do its magic. Watching their October, 18th 2019 set at the Into the Void Festival from Neushoorn Leeuwarden, Netherlands. This band is some of the heaviest instrumental music I have ever heard.

yes-awesome-oldschool.gif

I've been on a huge black metal kick lately. I was a massive black metalhead back in high school, but I was such a purist that I missed out on so much great shit. Literally, (with the exception of 1st wave bands like Bathory, which I considered more "proto" BM) if it wasn't Norwegian I couldn't be bothered to give it an honest try at first. Eventually I did get into some French BM (albeit, pretty much strictly LLN stuff), and a handful of Ukrainian acts (particularly Drudkh), but I still couldn't get over that "purist" mindset.

Lately, however, I've been practically kicking myself for not taking American acts like Xasthur seriously.

Xasthur was a great project. Scott’s BM stood side by side with all his European contemporaries.

dajjal
by origin

Fkin awesome guitar Intro riffing. Heating up tensions...

Just discovered these guys 'Interloper" they are a newer band with only one LP out but from what i have head of it they are pretty sick.

Back