The metal thread \m/

That 90's run of Testament albums

carl-chef-kiss.gif

New Mastodon documentary on the making of the last album if anyone's interested. 90mins in length like the Emperor Of Sand one.

There are plenty of hardcore bands in the punk thread. I guess you mean metalcore.

Careful elitist. Back to the cave and listen to underground bm recorded on phones ans kvlt.

Botch are/were part of that scene that straddled both and gave rise to bigger bands like Dillinger and converge

Careful elitist. Back to the cave and listen to underground bm recorded on phones ans kvlt.

Botch are/were part of that scene that straddled both and gave rise to bigger bands like Dillinger and converge

Wow quite the overreaction... No need to be an idiot, I wasn't being a snob, only was pointing out that there were many hardcore bands posted in the punk thread cause stuff like botch and whatnot is basically all metal and no 'core at all.
You can call what they do mathcore (labels might be stupid but I didn't make them up, don't blame me)... Converge actually started out doing hardcore with strong metal influences (I grew up in that scene, the "new school hc" years, lol) but then turned to mathcore along with others like Coalesce back in mid 90s and never looked back. I would consider Deadguy and Human Remains as pioneers. Bottom line, shit is def much more metal than 'core, doesn't matter how you spin It.

Neurosis - The Eye of Every Storm (2004)
It is with great sadness to report that Scott Kelly has retired from music today according to his latest post on his facebook page. I've been a fan of Neurosis since I first heard them in 1998. I saw them once while they were touring supporting the Times of Grace album and it was amazing and the band were the most intense I have ever seen live.
Going to be listening to the rest of Neurosis tonight as well as all the Mastodon songs Scott guested on. I'm a gutted because this most likely means Neurosis will be no more but hopefully Scott retiring will help him have balance in his life since he retired due to mental health struggles.

301966379_10159373383562639_5807937541708047933_n.jpg

This is probably the best song I've heard in a long time. This band fucking slays

This is probably the best song I've heard in a long time. This band fucking slays

Insomnium rules, that album is one of my all time favourites, top 10 for sure.

Collapsing Words, Revelation, Lose to Night, Ephemeral... Too many great songs

Chat Pile - God's Country album is the best thing I have heard in a long time.
Very noisy, almost industrial at times.

Back