The Mendes that fought Aldo at UFC 179 would beat Max Holloway.

Colby

MAGA
Banned
Reaction score
I like Max, and I'm pretty confident that he beats Dustin next weekend.

However, he has NEVER faced a single elite wrestler in his career, and certainly not one that can wrestle and strike like a prime Mendes.

Mendes had a pretty good chin once upon a time but that war with Aldo ruined it for sure.

Styles make fights, and a guy as explosive as Mendes who mixes it up as well as he does would cause Max all sorts of problems.

To understand how good Chad was in his heyday, you have to consider that he fought a prime Aldo that was stylistically a bad matchup for him, ate two clean power punches after the bell, and still dropped Aldo and rocked him multiple times, and gave him by far the toughest fight of his career up until that point.

Id pick Holloway but it wouldn't be an easy fight

Mendes was a beast and had cardio for days.

Max is a diva he got the Conor path to the title.

Mendes today beats him
Holloway was taken down by Ortega a guy with worse wrestling then Diaz and McGregor
Mendes takes him down and beats him up

Mendes has one shot ko power and elite wrestling
Max can’t knock him out either
Horrible matchup for Holloway

The one who had all of his takedowns stuffed and got outstruck in 4/5 rounds? Holloway would eat his shit whole.

Mendes couldn’t even beat Conor. He’s got no chance against max

The one who had all of his takedowns stuffed and got outstruck in 4/5 rounds? Holloway would eat his shit whole.
Takedowns stuffed by the dude with the best TDD in MMA history, and still scored one. Max got put on his back by Ortega lol, his wrestlinf isn't on the same planet as Chad's or Jose's.
Max lost to Conor too...

Lol at even beat Conor
Conor has fought and stuffed Eddie who is a better wrestler then anyone max has fought
Ortega took max down

Takedowns stuffed by the dude with the best TDD in MMA history, and still scored one. Max got taken down by Ortega lol

Max lost to Conor too...
Did he though? It was a flash takedown if anything and Ortega did absolutely nothing with it.

Did he though? It was a flash takedown if anything and Ortega did absolutely nothing with it.
Mendes has far superior top control to Ortega; when he takes Max down, you best believe he's going to hold him there. After all Max was outgrappled easily by Conor (lmao) and Bermudez, and submitted by Poirier.

It would be like Mendes vs McGregor. Chad would have early success, gas out and get finished.

I'm sure Chad could get a takedown or two, I just don't think he'd be able to do anything with them considering how Max is lanky, durable, and has the strength and stamina (and seriously underrated grappling) to constantly scramble. Chad would find himself like Aldo, gassed and getting lit up with an endless barrage of significant strikes.

Max is clearly the better fighter, as noted by his belt, two defenses, huge win streak, and status as a top p4p fighter. Even when Mendes was at the top of his game, he faltered against top competition.

Somebody tell me why he doesn’t take max down at will? Max has unproven takedown defence at the highest level

Back