The Media’s Crocodile Tears for Senator McCain Doesn’t Erase Their Past Demonization of Him

Well, it didn't take that long at all for a thread about the media's treatment of John McCain to become a thread about Trump.

Everybody go home, show's over.

Literally one exchange about Trump. Don't use Viva and I's aside to deflect from the fact that your thread is awful.

I've been on the McCain is garbage train from day one and I've never gotten off.

Most of the guy's policies sucked. Furthermore, he had his fair share of corruption, scandal and blatant hypocrisy. However, as somewhat of a party dinosaur, he came to be a relatively decent stalwart in a Republican Party increasingly devoid of honor, consistency, honesty, or shame. For not entirely bending over to the wave of post-Gingrich shittiness and continuing to maintain his own line in the sand on discourse and reactionary policymaking, he gets props. But he gets those props, as well, because the persons giving them are extremely decent.

Yet your personal opinion - nor is mine - of the guy have absolutely no bearing on the media's about-face on McCain's character, as both a Senator and an American.

It's almost as if they're overcompensating now, giving him all kinds of adulation that they wouldn't ever thought about giving him when he was running for the Presidency, in order to take shots at somebody else.

Just scrolls down from all those articles celebrating the life and accomplishment of a man that they once passionately condemned as a racist, sexist, bigot, warmonger, and who knows what else, and see how the second half not so subtly change from praises for McCain the Saint into condemnation for a certain Satan that the media doesn't like.

And that somebody else that they love to compare with is never a notable member of Congress like him, but instead a certain sitting President, even though they already made it clear a long time ago that John McCain is not Presidential material and they would never have cast a vote for him. If that's the case, then why wouldn't they compare his track record as a Senator to his well-known peers in the Senate instead? Like, in this age of Congressional hyper-partisanship, which other Senators are willing to cross the isle on their own principles, instead of always marching to the party line?

But no, what we have here are dirty politics hiding behind crocodile tears in hit pieces masquerading as pseudo eulogies. The media should be better than that.

@Arkain2K This is by far your dumbest thread and your shittiest opinion that I've seen.

Thanks. Coming from such an esteemed poster as yourself, I'd take that as a compliment.

Last edited:
Back