The McHater Translation Guide

Marvellous post.

Our king would be proud

His game is undeniable, both in and out of the cage. I can't understand people that complain about what he's been able to accomplish. He's playing the game and winning. If anything, his out of the cage power and pull are the most impressive thing about him.

That said, his persona and product just doesn't speak to me. Perhaps it does have something to do with me being an old fan and having attachment to a bygone era.

Nobody campaigns for Fedor? lol. Only Mousassi has a better army of promoters.

His power cannot be earned,because its unfair. And I'm not talking about money.

How many fighters have been given the chance to hold onto a belt while moving up 2 divisions,let alone moving up only a single division ?

I've been in this discussion multiple times, so I know your next reply would be something like "How many champions were willing to move up a division to challenge for the next title?"

Well,obviously,none of them had a chance to keep their belts so we can't possibly know whether if they would do it or not!

My best guess ? Yes. Hell yes they would.

Correct me if I am wrong, but McGregor wasn't planning on WW at first. He was going for a LW fight that got scratched.

As for his power being unfair, I don't agree. If people want his pull, they should put in the work he has.

Correct me if I am wrong, but McGregor wasn't planning on WW at first. He was going for a LW fight that got scratched.

As for his power being unfair, I don't agree. If people want his pull, they should put in the work he has.

DJ did. Active title fights and lots of title defenses,no injuries.

But they won't let him keep the FLW belt after challening for BW title. Why ? Because he's not marketable enough. Unfair.

(Though,he did challenged for the BW belt regardless)

I see you put a lot of energy on your post, but I feel you built a strawman. I really don't see the so called "haters" resorting to the arguments you listed. And the "manlet" one was employed by McGregor against his past opponents.

I'll tell you why he gets his way when other don't:

He doesn't complain about fairness to the press and fans and hope to get his way. He states clearly what he wants directly to the people in control, and he's not afraid to put his value on the line as leverage to accomplish his goals.

That is a quality that many people lack. It's special. Life is not fair. You have to commit to what you want and take real risks to get it.

I see you put a lot of energy on your post, but I feel you built a strawman. I really don't see the so called "haters" resorting to the arguments you listed. And the "manlet" one was employed by McGregor against his past opponents.
Conor is the smallest man I have ever seen constantly make fun of other people's height. He is like Tom Cruise making fun of Gary Coleman for being a midget.

But they won't let him keep the FLW belt after challening for BW title. Why ? Because he's not marketable enough. Unfair.

DJ also keep asking for $2M to move up... when he's only selling about 5M in PPV...

huh?

My point is he's not worth $2M to show when he's not pulling in any PPV buys.

And I said he already moved up to BW to challenge for the title,without asking for anything close to million. Did they let him keep his title?

Nope.

If you can't find it that's because you aren't looking hard enough or just don't want to see it. But it's there. Every single day on sherdog is a new way for you guys to take shoots at Conor because he still hasn't lost.

Who makes fun of manlets more than Conor? Junk exposed.

And I said he already moved up to BW to challenge for the title,without asking for anything close to million. Did they let him keep his title?

Nope.

When did DJ already move up to BW? Are you high?

DJ has not put the same effort as McGregor. He is pretty silent for a champ. The only person I remember, recently, to be as outspoken and 'out there' as McGregor was Sonnen, and look how far that got him with his pretty meh set of skills. This is my point: McGregor not only puts the effort in the cage and in the gym, but he is out there promoting the fuck out of himself, and that is something more fighters should be doing.

The past few months have been quite exciting to the majority of us, and to an ever-increasing amount of casuals who have been appreciating the top echelon of MMA more and more. There is, however, a small splinter cell of MMA fans that seem to hate what we have all hoped would grace our sport for years.

What follows is an effort to catalog and understand this strange breed of MMA... critics?

1) "Connor should have never been allowed to move up in the first place!"

Translation: "I'm afraid he might move up and WIN, and achieve more than my favorite PRIDE fighters ever have!"
Other Fighters: Anderson refuses to fight Jones (gets trashed), GSP refuses to fight Anderson (gets trashed) BJ Penn fights Hughes and GSP (gets idolized) and Fedor fighting as a HW his whole life (nuthugged).​

2) "He only fights people on short notice! I smell something fishy!"

Translation: "I see what I want to see! Had he also dropped from the card with half the roster calling him out, I would just call him a pussy!"
Other Fighters: Jon Jones does the opposite, refuses to fight MW Chael Sonnen on short notice (gets trashed).​

3) A striker with an unique style that never stalls and has a plethora of KOs to his name.

Translation: "He is not my favorite PRIDE can crusher!"
Other Fighters: Wanderlei Silva (idolized), Mighty Mouse can't finish (trashed), Wonderboy (idolized), GSP (considered by many to be boring), Jake Shields (trashed), Fitch (trashed).​

4) "Manlet!"

Translation: "Is my small dick showing yet?"

5) "He has too much power! UFC bends over backwards for him! He is overpaid!"

Translation: "I like to complain about fighter pay only when I also get to trash Dana while doing it!"

6) "He is overrated!"

Translation: "I don't know what overrated means!"

7) "He talks too much, he is too cocky!"

Translation: "I envy him for his confidence and I feel insecure because he is not the anime martial artist I always thought was real!"
Other Fighters: Mighty Mouse doesn't talk trash (gets trashed), Muhammad Ali is one of the best trash talkers of all time (gets idolized).​

8) "He should never be allowed to fight for Dos Anjos' belt! He needs to defend the FW title!"
Translation: "I don't want to be forced to admit he might be the P4P greatest. Please, God, strike him with lightning!"​

9) "I don't think he is good for the sport."
Translation: "I really hate his fans, but I don't seem to get that, for some reason."
TS
Care to add any new ones like
I was inefficient with my energy
Means he beat the shit out of me

I should have jumped on the damn plane
Means I learned my lesson and the ufc put me in my place.

I've decided to retire young
I really dont want to get my ass beat by Diaz again and I'm afraid to show up to a press conference where I cannot talk shit cause he might just whoop my ass right there and there is nothing I can do about it.

Any others???

Back