The McGregor Effect: Insulting families, religions, wives...

Considering all the death, corruption, and pain religions have caused throughout history and still do to this day, it can handle taking a few barbs from a cage fighter. People willing to kill or those who take offense to it are fucking animals, extremely stupid and worried their little support system is a false structure built on lies and manipulation.

It's always funny religious nutjobs claim this is the way and only their path is the one to enlightenment and the afterlife yet will behead someone for making jokes or shoot up a business that has nothing to do with them. If your obsession is so "perfect," criticism and jokes should just roll right off your shoulders. Why are they all such soft babies?

The family stuff I agree with. It's weird and way outta line. Save it for the fighters. Unless the wife or husband starts talking shit. Dustin's wife needs to keep her mouth shut.

Post of the year.

Overall, UFC promos are at least 100:1 more pro-religion than anti-religion.

"First of all, I'd like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ..."- like 75% of post-fight speeches

Do you only watch McGregor's fights?

Considering all the death, corruption, and pain religions have caused throughout history and still do to this day, it can handle taking a few barbs from a cage fighter. People willing to kill or those who take offense to it are fucking animals, extremely stupid and worried their little support system is a false structure built on lies and manipulation.

It's always funny religious nutjobs claim this is the way and only their path is the one to enlightenment and the afterlife yet will behead someone for making jokes or shoot up a business that has nothing to do with them. If your obsession is so "perfect," criticism and jokes should just roll right off your shoulders. Why are they all such soft babies?

The family stuff I agree with. It's weird and way outta line. Save it for the fighters. Unless the wife or husband starts talking shit. Dustin's wife needs to keep her mouth shut.
I’m also an atheist, which it seems you are. But as I’ve grown older, I have a lot less animosity towards organized religion. I get the support system of it. And while certainly religious fundamentalists exist, the vast majority of “god fearing people” are good. To TS’s point, it’s a bit tasteless. Sticks and stones, ya know? Also, this website is god awful. It just constantly reloads while I’m trying to type.

The solution is to simply dish it back. Taking the high-road in a low-brow sport makes no sense. Guys should start calling Dee fat or Colby autistic

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, all atheist.......

If u were raised by ur parents and u love them and someone insulted them in ur presence, I’m sure u would get upset. Religion is imbedded in people’s minds at a young age and they believe in it so much that they’re willing to die for their beliefs so what do u expect really?

Just look at the people who lost their lives believing the Orange clown and died for his lies! Just keep an open mind that most people aren’t smart enough or scared to take the right pill and see the truth for what it really is! Also don’t forget the Dunning and Kruger effects.

We live in a world where standing out as a shit bag is better for business than being respectful.

Conor is the ultimate symptom of the social media whore generation. Where people value attention over respect.

Half of sherdog being shining examples, say anything and be mean for a couple of likes. It's an addiction

lol.

OP you must learn to separate people’s thoughts from your personal value

they see the world through their lens and what they value

you will only be causing yourself more grief and suffering by judging others… I’m from a community oriented culture too and some of the shit that goes on I shake my head to in America

but I’ve learned that by judging them I only anger myself

there just “is”

Let it flow my friend and don’t judge

not this.

its good to have standards and to call out immoral and degenerate behavior when you see it. its only bad when you let that calling out bring you down which is not a necessity. calling out bad behavior and immoral behavior is a good thing.

conor is the best example of a terrible human being ive seen become famous in a long time. it is really good for young men to hear that fact.

i wish we had way more threads like this and that honest vigorous discussion about principles and morality and standards is what was on peoples minds.

Last edited:
I love this sport and combat sports, but this kind of stuff just makes me vomit.

I don't particularly care for these guys dragging wives and kids into the drama in part because it's tasteless, in part because its just so desperate. It's the cheapest of cheap heat. It feels pathetic and sad.

With that stated... there is a genuine hypocricy in the stance that mean words are out of bounds but two people in their underwear locked in a cage, beating each other unconscious and trying to rip each others limbs out of the joints for money, to the delight of a drunken mob screaming for blood is a perfectly acceptable not remotely disgusting sport.

MMA is a repugnant, brutal thing and as a fan I've made peace with the idea that I'll pay money to see people hurt one another. I've made peace with the idea that these fighters are sellling their future quality of life and that we mostly agree to it because we don't have to watch them in their slurred speach and diapers years. By comparison, a few mean tweets (while ugly) are no big deal.

There's a difference between mockery/ridicule, and insults.
You are OK if I call your wife and daughters whores that I can seduce, and your religion garbage?
Alright then.
Oh stfu, if you get offended and triggered at someone making fun of your religion maybe get offline then

I don't particularly care for these guys dragging wives and kids into the drama in part because it's tasteless, in part because its just so desperate. It's the cheapest of cheap heat. It feels pathetic and sad.

With that stated... there is a genuine hypocricy in the stance that mean words are out of bounds but two people in their underwear locked in a cage, beating each other unconscious and trying to rip each others limbs out of the joints for money, to the delight of a drunken mob screaming for blood is a perfectly acceptable not remotely disgusting sport.

MMA is a repugnant, brutal thing and as a fan I've made peace with the idea that I'll pay money to see people hurt one another. I've made peace with the idea that these fighters are sellling their future quality of life and that we mostly agree to it because we don't have to watch them in their slurred speach and diapers years. By comparison, a few mean tweets (while ugly) are no big deal.

man i really dont agree with this take at all. in fact if i saw mma the way you do i would not watch it. martial arts are a true good in the world. mma has improved human beings ability to defend themselves and defend the weak and vulnerable. there is real and true value in martial arts. because of my involvement in marital arts i am confident in the world and have stepped in to defend the weak and vulnerable more than a few times in life. that is a great good.

i cant imagine having your impoverished view of the sport and still partaking of it.

What's the timeline for McGregor and Jake mentioning their opponent's wives? Jake and Ben fought before McGregor and Poirier so who did it first?

He can say what he wants. I believe in free speech.

However saying stuff like he did makes him a dipshit in my book. I worry more about big parts of society celebrating him for it because most of these people do not differentiate between antics and actual attitude and believes. They take it seriously.

Also I would like to see a little less drama in MMA. I preferred the less mainstream era before it all got flooded by immature and gullible idiots.

That's probably the main reason I lost quite a bit of interest in this sport.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. The fact that our society has actively supported and made that kind of character wealthy actually disgusts me.

What's the timeline for McGregor and Jake mentioning their opponent's wives? Jake and Ben fought before McGregor and Poirier so who did it first?

Conor was taking shots at Khabib's wife before that.

Back