The McGregor Effect: Insulting families, religions, wives...

Boxingfan998

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<{cruzshake}>
Anyone has had enough of this?

Countless fighters now copy McGregor, such as Colby and others.
Attack people's religion, families ("your kids look inbred", etc), culture.
(Only thing they don't attack yet is race...Because this is the big taboo).
They try to seduce the fighter's wife by sending her DMs (like Jake Paul, another Conor lookalike, tried to do with Ben Askren's wife). Conor McGregor is probably the lowest of the low though, he will try to attack anything and do anything if it somehow can attract attention.

I love this sport and combat sports, but this kind of stuff just makes me vomit. You can create beef without being an utter scumbag. The Bisping/GSP banter is a good example. I watch combat sports to watch high level fighting, not the toxicity of society which is already everywhere, in bars, in the streets, etc. This kind of shit just turns me away from combat sports.

I've also see SOME people here defend this behavior, saying "it's just a gimmick".
So you will rationalise ANYTHING if its justified by money?

I could start an entire argument on the state of the West when it comes to that, but I won't.

IMHO this is all a huge mistake that will ensure that MMA & fighting remains a niche sport.
You think that kids want to see this stuff? Like that "mini Khabib" little girl that idolised Khabib and only did so because he is an honorable fighter? Weirdly enough she disappeared once Khabib jumped into the crowd, sullied his honor by acting like a thug.

I know my thread might be irrelevant to many, but I'm just disappointed by the level of discourse MMA & fighting has gone to. The utter gutter. The GSP era is long over. Remember the likes of GSP, Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, etc? They were heroes. They pushed the sport upwards. Now we live in the short lived McGregor & Paul brothers era. Slow clap.

IMHO CONOR MCGREGOR (and Dana White who pushed him up) totally fucked the vibe of the sport. And he's getting worse and worse. It will take for this guy to go to jail for the toxicity to disappear, and even then, it will have a lingering effect on the entire sport, like the smell of a dead rat in the kitchen.

EDIT: Thanks for the likes. Happy to see my thread struck a cord with some Sherdoggers!

Last edited:
Considering all the death, corruption, and pain religions have caused throughout history and still do to this day, it can handle taking a few barbs from a cage fighter. People willing to kill or those who take offense to it are fucking animals, extremely stupid and worried their little support system is a false structure built on lies and manipulation.

It's always funny religious nutjobs claim this is the way and only their path is the one to enlightenment and the afterlife yet will behead someone for making jokes or shoot up a business that has nothing to do with them. If your obsession is so "perfect," criticism and jokes should just roll right off your shoulders. Why are they all such soft babies?

The family stuff I agree with. It's weird and way outta line. Save it for the fighters. Unless the wife or husband starts talking shit. Dustin's wife needs to keep her mouth shut.

<{cruzshake}>

They try to seduce the fighter's wife by sending her DMs (like Jake Paul, another Conor lookalike, tried to do with Ben Askren's wife). Conor McGregor is probably the lowest of the low though, he will try to attack anything and do anything if it somehow can attract attention.

I love this sport and combat sports, but this kind of stuff just makes me vomit. You can create beef without being an utter scumbag. The Bisping/GSP banter is a good example. I watch combat sports to watch high level fighting, not the toxicity of society which is already everywhere, in bars, in the streets, etc. This kind of shit just turns me away from combat sports.

I've also see SOME people here defend this behavior, saying "it's just a gimmick".

I could start an entire argument on the state of the West when it comes to that, but I won't.

IMHO this is all a huge mistake that will ensure that MMA & fighting remains a niche sport.
You think that kids want to see this stuff? Like that "mini Khabib" little girl that idolised Khabib and only did so because he is an honorable fighter? Weirdly enough she disappeared once Khabib jumped into the crowd, sullied his honor by acting like a thug.

I know my thread might be irrelevant to many, but I'm just disappointed by the level of discourse MMA & fighting has gone to. The utter gutter. The GSP era is long over. Remember the likes of GSP, Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, etc? They were heroes. They pushed the sport upwards. Now we live in the short lived McGregor & Paul brothers era. Slow clap.

IMHO CONOR MCGREGOR (and Dana White who pushed him up) totally fucked the vibe of the sport. And he's getting worse and worse. It will take for this guy to go to jail for the toxicity to disappear, and even then, it will have a lingering effect on the entire sport, like the smell of a dead rat in the kitchen.

On a serious note, capitalism/industrialization set the wheels in motion for short term gratification being a thing that people can get hooked on. All Jake and Conor are doing is exploiting that system. Your problem is with system itself and not new age hype fighter’s. It’s just fighters doing what they think is best for them, putting money into their pocket when they don’t know any other way. Now is that the best thing for their own mind and survival of their lineage? Time will tell.

Didn’t read

It’s called free speech buddeh

<28>
I love the consistently bad faith style of your posting <Lmaoo> .
And honestly OP I don't think McGregor started this kinda talk at all it's cage fighting and hypes up fights . Sure some people take it too far and Colby's gimmick is just borderline embarrassing now but that's the nature of this shit .
Lol at the people saying McGregor is the worst human too your on planet earth he's an angel compared to many .

fortunately, humans are smart enough to create sentences which can hurt other peoples feelings. I'm all for mocking everyone and everything. No one has earned the right to not be ridiculed in this life.

Religion should be open to ridicule at all times.

You're making it sound like Professor McGregor made a sensible criticism of Islam.
What he's doing is calling the entire country of Dagestan, it's people, it's race, it's religion, as backwards rats.
It's dehumanisation that's criminalised in many countries. It's lack of respect.

And this doesn't just apply to Khabib, he does this to everyone. He does everything to disrespect to the maximum, beyond all limits.
And again, I made this thread to illustrate it's not just McGregor. It's an entire category of fighters now. Colby, etc.

I love the consistently bad faith style of your posting <Lmaoo> .
And honestly OP I don't think McGregor started this kinda talk at all it's cage fighting and hypes up fights . Sure some people take it too far and Colby's gimmick is just borderline embarrassing now but that's the nature of this shit .
Lol at the people saying McGregor is the worst human too your on planet earth he's an angel compared to many .

Uh okay? Thanks for generalizing all my posts as bad faith.

btw, my last post in this thread shows that what you said is not true at all… at least the consistency of it

On a serious note, capitalism/industrialization set the wheels in motion for short term gratification being a thing that people can get hooked on. All Jake and Conor are doing is exploiting that system. Your problem is with system itself and not new age hype fighter’s. It’s just fighters doing what they think is best for them, putting money into their pocket when they don’t know any other way. Now is that the best thing for their own mind and survival of their lineage? Time will tell.

So what about fighters like the ones I mentioned (GSP, etc) that set a higher example? Your argument that "the system" is to blame is nonsense.
The system is whatever we set the standard for as human beings. Conor is a trash human being given a platform. This is the problem.
If Dana White penalised the guy, and any like him, everything would go back to normal.

<{cruzshake}>

<FookIsThatGuy>

you sound triggered bro

guys im sorry to do this I dont know how to post in this there it about Steve will do it and the nelk boys there scammers

It’s probably more prevalent, but nasty, even very personal insults used to sell fights has been around forever.

Ali was hilarious, but crossed the line a few times. Tyson was a psychopath in some press situations. It’s not new.

So what about fighters like the ones I mentioned (GSP, etc) that set a higher example? Your argument that "the system" is to blame is nonsense.
The system is whatever we set the standard for as human beings. Conor is a trash human being given a platform. This is the problem.
If Dana White penalised the guy, and any like him, everything would go back to normal.

just because GSP is an anomaly doesn’t mean a majority of fighters aren't bad people.

Capitalism is a system put in place by humans and this gives trash human beings platforms to make money because customers (the American people) are sucked into short term gratification products which capitalists use to make money off people.

Back