The Mayberry summed up in less than 30 seconds

Yeah pretty much.

And the Walking Dead too.

I agree with TS and I stopped watching The Walking Dead after 3 episodes into Season 2.

I place to remind me that their are thing in this world besides working 24/7 like I usually do.

Well they are both great shows.
But the more fans it will get, the more likely it is to be called overrated etc. That really bums me out..
See it all the time on this forum.. People calling great movies and tv-shows overrated, simply because they have become extremely popular.
So it was just a matter of time before people will start shitting on Breaking Bad as well.
The Walking Dead doesn't even begin to compare to the genius of The Wire or Breaking Bad.

I thought you hated FG, Majin. :D

I am stopped watch Breaking Bad the min Hank(TheBrother) killed the 2 Mexican hitmen in the parking lot.

Last edited:
I thought you hated FG, Majin. :D

I do lol. But that doesn't mean I don't leave the TV on as background noise though, plus American Dad was coming up next. It immediately caught my attention when I heard those exact words "And the wire". I immediately thought, mayberry.

Hahahahah.

I've never seen The Wire though. but still funny

pretty much

Genius! Though I may be the only person on here to have never watched either show. I think I have seen half of one episode of Breaking Bad but that's it. Mayberry has gotten me into many other shows though like Spartacus, TWD, GoT

The Wire shits on Breaking Bad.

There were more characters in the wire, thus many more subplots, thus more complexity by default.

Breaking Bad is an entirely different type of show. The transition of Walt is the vehicle in which drives the show, and it is the absolute best of its kind.

Cop drama with a thousand and one subplots going on at all time, in which you literally care about every single one? No doubt, The Wire.

Which one is easier to do? The Wire. Making a series that centers around the mental, emotional evolution of one man, and have it be as compelling as Breaking Bad is damn near fucking impossible.

Both great shows, but The Wire does not shit all over BB.

Side Note: If the next [half] season of TWD doesn't change, I may be done with it. One of my favorite shows ever, but nothing ever fucking happens until the end of every episode, which is just plain lazy fucking writing. TWD is becoming nothing more than a cheap old school matinee cliff hanger.

Also, Boardwalk has picked up and is on its way to becoming a legendary masterpiece, whilst Dexter, while very watchable, remains poorly written and filled with plot holes.

Last edited:
i watched one episode of the wire and didn't care for it. breaking bad is a damn good show though.

i watched one episode of the wire and didn't care for it. breaking bad is a damn good show though.

I watched the first episode of The Wire, and it didn't interest me at all.

People keep telling me I have to get into by watching the first few episodes. Fuck that. I'm not going to waste a few hours hoping a show gets more interesting.

I watched the first episode of The Wire, and it didn't interest me at all.

People keep telling me I have to get into by watching the first few episodes. Fuck that. I'm not going to waste a few hours hoping a show gets more interesting.

The Wire is interesting for the sake of being interesting, where as Breaking Bad feels like more of an inspired series. In other words, The Wire is more of a time killer, whereas BB is an enriching piece of art.

That is why I don't really encourage people to watch The Wire, but it was definitely a fun ride.

Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, and The Game of Thrones are the 3 absolute best series out now. Everything else is cheap thrills for the sake of cheap thrills.

The Wire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Breaking Bad

Currently on television...

Boardwalk Empire > Game of Thrones > Breaking Bad

Never seen the wire. Keep hearing about it. Mostly on here. Is it really that good.

I think TWD and BB are the best shows on tv in the past decade.

Back