Social The mass shoplifting/flash rob thread

Yeah, I mean liquor stores are doing that... You'd think a store that sells absurdly expensive clothes could do better.

True it's kinda sketchy looking isn't it. I think they'd like to keep sone foot traffic though, especially if in a mall where they're paying so much for that.

True, but most of those stores at least keep the expensive shit locked up I would think. They do around here

If it's a matter of cheap things being stolen, then sure, the cost/benefit analysis for doing business there might not be worth it.... And of course it's well within their right to leave. It's unfortunate, but you'd hope that if stores do continue to jump ship it would start motivating the city to do something. It seems like from what I've been hearing is there is quite a bit of backlash in the bay area now and it's forcing the politicians to change their stance if the want to get elected.
Having lived in areas with high rates of petty crime, the expensive electronics are locked up. Things the homeless often steal like the more expensive razors and whatnot are locked up.( the Walmart in the bad neighborhood locally does this) But there are so many things you can't reasonably keep locked away. And measures like anti theft tags and packaging are pretty easy to circumvent.

A lot of what stores do is looking tough to scare people out of trying to steal. But even back in the early to mid 2000s these measures were becoming ineffective. They would find a shadowy corner of the store, and with a decent knife you can remove all the anti theft packaging. Stuff everything in a bag or pockets and just walk out. So they upgraded to having uniformed security at the doors. But people quickly learned security wasn't allowed to physically intervene. They used to be, but lawsuits lead to policy changes. I was actually working at a store when their internal policy changed, and our shrinkage rate skyrocketed after local low lives realized. They all communicate with each other, so they're quick to realize when security measures are toothless.

It puts businesses in a shitty spot. They're left to rely on government. And they've been slow to react. Most of the laws and policies weren't designed to deal with roving bands of thieves. They're meant to stop occasional theft, when that's not the situation we're in anymore.

It's a sad indictment of the community they operate in that they have to do that

Here even in middle class communities many gas stations lock the doors and serve you through a hole in the side of the building after certain hours. The criminals just make their way from their shitty neighborhoods to decent ones to rob at gunpoint, shoplift items from stores, cut catalytic converters, etc. Parasitic organisms they are.

It's bullshit and I hope each of these people are made an example out of when they're caught... But I do find it a little hilarious that this is where the outrage lies, instead of big corporations and the wealthy.

Honestly, you could probably get rich shoplifting here in CA(at least in some areas) and could probably do it without ever serving a day behind bars.

Not Hyperbole. You literally could get rich doing it if you put your mind to it.

Don't worry, It's ok... It's never your fault that your life sucks.

EP-308189992.jpg&updated=201908181655&MaxW=900&maxH=900&noborder&Q=80

Ok, which sherdogger is this?

Dems are single handily responsible for the defund police movement, lesser penalties on shoplifting and theft, bail reform, catch and release and letting criminals out on the streets. Are you saying this isn’t the case?
No he knows he just doesn’t give a fuck…

And Trump was called a dictator for even asking governors if they wanted the National Guard to help stop it.

And I doubt you wanted Trump to send in troops to states where Governors did not want them.
These people are hopeless to argue with ..

School wuz racist so they need money. They dindu nuffin they're just poor misunderstood kids.
Just a small detour on their way to becoming doctors or lawyers <{outtahere}>

I don't think people who are blasé about shoplifting have thought through the implications of this sort of theft becoming rampant.

The kind of losses this causes to a business are unsustainable if it is more than a one-off.

Either the businesses leave the areas where this occurs, immiserating everyone who lives in the area, or stores transition to being set up like inner-city liquor stores, which depresses business anyway, or the law changes to crack down on this behaviour, either through letting private security off the leash in how they handle this, or by dropping heavy sentences on people who are caught.

Mass shoplifting is totally unsustainable as a regular occurrence.

our soros-backed activist da just won re-election, to no one's surprise. despite being widely hated.

and yes, it's another DA with a stance of not prosecuting.
remember everytime someone mentioned soros, tonni would post a 1-liner deriding anything soros as a laughable tinfoil, no counter-argument, just derision. As if that's enough to 'debunk', lol reddit tier.

I don't think people who are blasé about shoplifting have thought through the implications of this sort of theft becoming rampant.

The kind of losses this causes to a business are unsustainable if it is more than a one-off.

Either the businesses leave the areas where this occurs, immiserating everyone who lives in the area, or stores transition to being set up like inner-city liquor stores, which depresses business anyway, or the law changes to crack down on this behaviour, either through letting private security off the leash in how they handle this, or by dropping heavy sentences on people who are caught.

Mass shoplifting is totally unsustainable as a regular occurrence.

They'll just argue that the slippery slope is a fallacy while the slippery slope is happening right before their very eyes.

Back