Locked THE MANDALORIAN Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 episodes in and this show kind of sucks. Entire second episode is a third rate video game fetch quest. Hope it gets better.

Finally saw this shit! Watched them all over the last week or so. Really good. Not quite amazing - though moments of greatness sprinkled throughout. A few general thoughts:

The good:

- No big tie-ins to the new awful trilogy! Thanks Gawd. This was a breath of fresh air. Star Wars can be fun again. Heck, Rogue One wasn’t even fun, even though it was awesome. This show is fun.

- Prince Oberyn was great casting. He has a voice & persona with just the right mix of toughness, mystery, & coolness.

- Baby Yoda... yeah, it’s sheer crass pandering, but it works. We are all gonna buy that fucking plushie doll.

- Simple plotline. Episodic vignettes. Feels like I’m watching The Rifleman, or Bounty Law.

- Action Jackson!

- Nick Nolte!

- Werner Herzog! What??

- Bill Burr! Ol’ Billy Stormtroopah!!

- Great intro & outro themes.

The bad:

- Most of the music besides the intro & outro, was pretty weak. Felt like placeholder action music, instead of anything star wars worthy.

- Gina Carano is a fucking horrendous actress impersonator. Every time she’s onscreen, I feel like I’m watching American Gladiators, & I’m waiting for someone to fire Nerf darts at her while she dodges them for points, by rolling around on judo mats. She is truly fucking awful.

- Gus from BB felt way off, like the stunt casting it was. He doesn’t work for this.

- Why did they kill off Herzog? He’d have been a way better villain.

- Overall Disney cheeziness. They don’t have to go all dark, but it’s a bit too safe to be truly great. Killing of Nolte was a nice exception. Even though he was great.

- Finale was weak. Ended on a mediocre note.

Overall though, highly enjoyed it. Between this, R1, & Solo, it continues the strange phenomenon of the actual trilogy being pure shit, but all of the side projects being great.

The Force works in mysterious ways, I guess...

would watch.

full

The Mando music had like a feel of a mix of cowboy music and Japanese samurai music. Towards the end of the Xi'an bro rescue episode had a nice techno song that I wish I knew the name of. Couldn't tell from short samples on iTunes.

The Mando music had like a feel of a mix of cowboy music and Japanese samurai music. Towards the end of the Xi'an bro rescue episode had a nice techno song that I wish I knew the name of. Couldn't tell from short samples on iTunes.

This one?

I finally went back to it, watched episode 6 last night. It was OK

I can't take this guy seriously though, looks like someone's dad off the estate

Mando, this is Dave, he works in the stock room at Tesco

hqdefault.jpg

Accents in Sci fi movies, it's a tricky one

I think they either have to be neutral or classically trained

Like that Scottish guy in Force Awakens who's after Han Solo, it's impossible to watch that and not think 'why is that Glaswegian dude in space now?'

hqdefault.jpg

Forcing someone to work at Tesco for any length of time is excellent training for an Imperial assassin. It doesn't take long before you'd cheerfully carry out Order 66 and the Great Purge with your bare hands...:mad:;)

hqdefault.jpg

6 was one of the best eps friend

I mean how u can not have fun

they threw robots at other robots MAN

what else u wanna

when it's good it's very good, it's just Tesco Dave annoyed me

Mando had some great fight scenes in this one though, him (her) fighting off the droids while the others stood around watching was awesome, was the stand out moment of the show so far for me

Some nice head shots too

I very much enjoyed the first season and look forward for a 2nd season especially as a guy who never really took to the whole Star Wars saga...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back