Television THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 (Gina Carano Fired Due to Her Social Media Posts)

Rate season 2 of The Mandalorian

• Total voters
what does that have to do with the fact that you used half the definition of the phrase wrong? You literally misinturpreted the phrase by only recognizing half of its definition. That's not accurate.

What Is a MacGuffin?
A MacGuffin is a plot device used in films or books that sets the characters into motion and drives the story. A MacGuffin is an object, idea, person, or goal that the characters are either in pursuit of or which serves as motivation for their actions. Usually, the MacGuffin is revealed in the first act. - https://www.masterclass.com/article...ature-and-popular-culture#what-is-a-macguffin

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-season-2-baby-yoda-more-than-macguffin/

www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/11/20/21579305/the-mandalorian-season-2-episode-4-star-wars-prequels-controversial-the-force-baby-yoda

www.theringer.com/platform/amp/mandalorian/2019/12/12/21011889/baby-yoda-mandalorian-disney-plus-toys-etsy

Dang, I just realized there was a jedi from Canon that could arrive and his presence wouldnt take over the show like Bridger would.

Quinlan Voss

starwarsquinlan-1280-1490901502456.jpg

Next Week: Mando gets the team together (like the Star Wars version of the Avengers).
Two weeks from now: Battle for Wakanda (I mean Battle for Grogu).

What's your favorite McGuffin? Infinity Gauntlet or Grogu?
What Is a MacGuffin?
A MacGuffin is a plot device used in films or books that sets the characters into motion and drives the story. A MacGuffin is an object, idea, person, or goal that the characters are either in pursuit of or which serves as motivation for their actions. Usually, the MacGuffin is revealed in the first act. - https://www.masterclass.com/article...ature-and-popular-culture#what-is-a-macguffin

www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/11/20/21579305/the-mandalorian-season-2-episode-4-star-wars-prequels-controversial-the-force-baby-yoda

www.theringer.com/platform/amp/mandalorian/2019/12/12/21011889/baby-yoda-mandalorian-disney-plus-toys-etsy
^^^^Male Karen found a new word to spam - MacGuffin.

<YeahOKJen><Huh2><{clintugh}><Neil01><BidenShutIt>

Dang, I just realized there was a jedi from Canon that could arrive and his presence wouldnt take over the show like Bridger would.

Quinlan Voss

starwarsquinlan-1280-1490901502456.jpg

He’s B’wana Beast

1833401-maxwell_djuba_2.jpg

Same tracking powers and stuff. Neat character, I guess he wasn’t killed by the clones?

I'm confused how Boba Fett couldn't have just got his armor back from the Jawas or that sheriff dude over the span of several years but could track down a Mandalorian across the galaxy and get the drop on him almost instantly.

Dude... "that sheriff dude"

Is freaking Timothy Olyphant.
NOBODY gets a drop on him..

tenor.gif

Dude... "that sheriff dude"

Is freaking Timothy Olyphant.
NOBODY gets a drop on him..

tenor.gif
Hey I'm not hating on him, I just always associate with him being a cop of some sort.
andersonolyphant_wide-6c809cd68aa5ab2c0ac84e0d4f03236a2d0b25e8-s800-c85.jpg

He's a toymaker! I bet she spent a lot of time ordering more toys to this place or that place.

Funny thing is, the original trilogy is low key woke as well. Lando is the coolest guy in the galaxy and Leia is a brave, brilliant, feisty rebel who calls it like she sees it. But that's just how it is, nothing feels shoehorned or out of place. Kind of like with Ashoka. She deals with challenges the best she can and is in charge of her own life; but there's zero preaching.

Fuck. Bigly feels when the Ecstasy of Gold kicks in.

Fuck. Bigly feels when the Ecstasy of Gold kicks in.

Want to see one of the most epic uses of that song ever?

It completely spoils season two of Fargo but what a ride. Seriously. This video is amazing.

Lol I think I got too caught up by the action to notice. Why do the Stormtroopers just run to Boba Fett and not fire at him with their long range weapons. Or is it just canon/plain common sense that the Storm Troopers are the most incompetent army in the galaxy?

And another video suggested a major plot hole of why didn't Boba just try to take his armor from Cobb Vanth?

He's a toymaker! I bet she spent a lot of time ordering more toys to this place or that place.

Funny thing is, the original trilogy is low key woke as well. Lando is the coolest guy in the galaxy and Leia is a brave, brilliant, feisty rebel who calls it like she sees it. But that's just how it is, nothing feels shoehorned or out of place. Kind of like with Ashoka. She deals with challenges the best she can and is in charge of her own life; but there's zero preaching.

"La porta electronica" is the star of the show!!! IMHO.

P.s. in the original trilogy, Leia was in a scantily clad bikini at some point in time. And she ended up falling for the typical asshole "Chad" named Han.
It was NOT woke, it showed the harsh truths of life.

You're being overly "woke-sensitive" creature here. A sin so common to many of us lately.

Lol I think I got too caught up by the action to notice. Why do the Stormtroopers just run to Boba Fett and not fire at him with their long range weapons. Or is it just canon/plain common sense that the Storm Troopers are the most incompetent army in the galaxy?

And another video suggested a major plot hole of why didn't Boba just try to take his armor from Cobb Vanth?

In the world of force-sensitive creatures logic is not a power.

Mando with all his tactical training left the jetpack on the ground to run up'n'down the hills in order to NOT make it to the top in time.

He musta been high elevation training for his debut against Mofo Hideous in bellator.

In the world of force-sensitive creatures logic is not a power.

Mando with all his tactical training left the jetpack on the ground to run up'n'down the hills in order to NOT make it to the top in time.

He musta been high elevation training for his debut against Mofo Hideous in bellator.

Maybe Din just thought using the jetpack would attract more attention to him?

What Is a MacGuffin?

It's fine to reference things, but giving me 4 articles to navigate without any reference to your key points makes me wonder if you aren't just calling Grogu MacGuffin because someone else wrote it. The part you cherry picked conveniently left out the "insignificant" part of the definition, even though that same article goes on to say it later.

As I said... you & your article people are correct that Grogu is the central motivation that the story surrounds... but there's more to the definition that I don't think you can assign to the co-star of the show. The definition requires the Macguffin to be inconsequential, & I think it's an insult to reduce Grogu to that.

You have to be very careful calling a character in the show a MacGuffin because due to the 2nd part of the definition... it comes with negative connotations whether you mean it to or not. You are saying that the character is more of a plot device than a valid character. Macguffin has actually evolved into a derogatory term... and is often used as an insult to belittle a character. That's how I read someone calling Grogu a Macguffin. They're saying that his roll saving Din's life in combat, & as a healer saving Creed's life is reduced to an insignificant plot device. It comes off as more of an insult to the Grogu character who has actually contributed significantly... instead of just being a "plot device."

Now if the baby never did any of that stuff & he just wandered around eating frogs & fish eggs then you could rightfully call him a MacGuffin, but because he actually contributes... I think it becomes an insult that belittles his contribution.

Your second link that says Grogu is a classic MacGuffin goes on to describe a MacGuffin as: "the item itself is largely inconsequential" so I disagree with that... & that's why I wish you would speak your own mind in stead of giving me 4 articles to decipher.

Dictionary: "MacGuffin definition is - an object, event, or character in a film or story that serves to set and keep the plot in motion despite usually lacking intrinsic importance."

Wikipedia: "In fiction, a MacGuffin (sometimes McGuffin) is an object, device, or event that is necessary to the plot and the motivation of the characters, but insignificant, unimportant, or irrelevant in itself."

Alphred Hitchcock was the one who popularized the term saying about his movies: "The MacGuffin is the thing that the spies are after but the audience don't care." In crook stories it is always the necklace and in spy stories it is always the papers.

Last edited:
Fully admit I geeked out when I saw Boba Fett in armor in action. He was always sort of a can in the movies but looked cool AF. Always my favorite action figure as a kid in the 80s.

Acting in this episode was pretty cheesy but Boba Fett at the end in full armor more than made up it.

Logic would dictate it would be Ashoka or Ezra that comes ...... but outside shot its Luke. Hammill is buddies with Filoni an Favrerue and would likely be willing to do a few voice overs with another actor playing him or even CGI. This does occur in a time where his where abouts were unknown ap it would fit.

Probably will be Ezra and Ashoka that come ... maybe Sabine too if she with Ezra. They kill Moff Gideon then Thrawn shows up as the new big bad at the end. My concern is if this occurs then it's no longer the Mandalorian it basically Rebels 2.0.

Would much rather they just make an entirely new series based on the Rebels crew of Ezra, Sabine, n Ashoka fighting Thrawn.

Back