Television THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 (Gina Carano Fired Due to Her Social Media Posts)

Rate season 2 of The Mandalorian

• Total voters
And it's not like she said any of those things as Cara Dune though right? Like I couldn't care less how stupid or repulsive I found an actor's personal views in regards to their on screen roles. I probably wouldn't agree with a single political thought the plumber had, but that wouldn't make me hesitant to call him out when I needed a plumber. All that should matter is that they can do the job and remain professional while doing it.

If you employed that plumber and 1/3rd of your customers told you that they won't hire your company because your employee is preaching politics to them, would you still employ them?

Business is business... "Disney" isn't a plumbing company it's a company that exists on BRANDING... everybody attached to the company affects that brand.

If you employed that plumber and 1/3rd of your customers told you that they won't hire your company because your employee is preaching politics to them, would you still employ them?

Business is business... "Disney" isn't a plumbing company it's a company that exists on BRANDING... everybody attached to the company affects that brand.
Well preaching politics to them on the job would not be remaining professional would it? So no, I wouldn't. She wasn't going around the set of The Mandalorian saying this stuff (as far as we know), she was posting it on her own social media. Her social media is not a Disney platform. She's not performing as Cara Dune on Twitter and Instagram. Nobody that watches The Mandalorian has to read her social media.

Well preaching politics to them on the job would not be remaining professional would it? So no, I wouldn't. She wasn't going around the set of The Mandalorian saying this stuff (as far as we know), she was posting it on her own social media. Her social media is not a Disney platform. She's not performing as Cara Dune on Twitter and Instagram. Nobody that watches The Mandalorian has to read her social media.

The problem is really that her public persona as a celeb is naturally associated with her career, its not the same as say a plumber having such views in private and with friends/family that clients will never know.

The problem is really that her public persona as a celeb is naturally associated with her career, its not the same as say a plumber having such views in private and with friends/family that clients will never know.
But nobody is forced to subject themselves to it right? You may hear about it but you can choose to not pay attention. You don't have to follow her or read articles about her. You can be ignorant of that stuff and still enjoy the show.

Like you can enjoy Jorge Masvidal as a UFC fighter and not pay attention to his MAGA stuff on social media right?

But nobody is forced to subject themselves to it right? You may hear about it but you can choose to not pay attention. You don't have to follow her or read articles about her. You can be ignorant of that stuff and still enjoy the show.

Like you can enjoy Jorge Masvidal as a UFC fighter and not pay attention to his MAGA stuff on social media right?

When your a celeb in that situation though your public persona is basically part of the PR for your career, people arent following Gina independently they are following her due to her acting career with the Mandorian likely being a large part of that. People taking the view she's using her fame from the show to promote those ideas.

This arent just typical conservative statements either, she's not being criticized for just saying she voted republican, anti transexual comments, anti vax and election fraud and now highly questionable holocaust comparison. As canceling goes this one doesnt really seem very preemtive to me, she was given about 3-4 chances.

The fact that you can't understand should be clear that, you know, people react different. Like "those" people? They can't believe you either rn. They're like, "Who DOESN'T understand?" to their bullshit social media platform just like us.

People are fickle as fuck, and tend to only approve of what appeases to them

The fact that you can't understand should be clear that, you know, people react different. Like "those" people? They can't believe you either rn. They're like, "Who DOESN'T understand?" to their bullshit social media platform just like us.
Eh, the only reason I got into the show was actually because they didn't force Gina to play some over-the-top masculine role. Now I don't give a fuck especially after they unmasked the Mandalorian

When your a celeb in that situation though your public persona is basically part of the PR for your career, people arent following Gina independently they are following her due to her acting career with the Mandorian likely being a large part of that.

People taking the view she's using her fame from the show to promote those ideas.

But if they don't like what they see they can simply choose to unfollow her or they can stay and argue with her but nothing is being forced on them. They don't have to read it. She doesn't owe it to any fan of The Mandalorian to align with their political views or sensibilities. I've never gotten into a show and then felt the need to go and follow the lead actors on social media. You're inevitably go to disappointed. lol

Eh, the only reason I got into the show was actually because they didn't force Gina to play some over-the-top masculine role. Now I don't give a fuck especially after they unmasked the Mandalorian
I've actually never seen a single episode. Bill Burr is in it right?

I genuinely don't understand what you said here.. Maybe I'm getting too old for this shit? lol

I genuinely don't understand what you said here.. Maybe I'm getting too old for this shit? lol
People don't appreciate that line between stupid and pretending to be stupid. Shame really.

People don't appreciate that line between stupid and pretending to be stupid. Shame really.
3bd1ad16ae6bcde49dc8bb1d58b298b40a7e5f88.jpg

lethal_weapon_bomb_on_toilet.jpg

But if they don't like what they see they can simply choose to unfollow her or they can stay and argue with her but nothing is being forced on them. They don't have to read it. She doesn't owe it to any fan of The Mandalorian to align with their political views or sensibilities. I've never gotten into a show and then felt the need to go and follow the lead actors on social media. You're inevitably go to disappointed. lol

Its not just about personal offence though is it? the idea that she is using her fame from the show to promote these ideas.

Its not just about personal offence though is it? the idea that she is using her fame from the show to promote these ideas.
But again, they're her personal accounts. They're not showing her Twitter handle on the show are they?

She was also pretty famous before the show so let's not pretend that they gave her celebrity status to her.

But again, they're her personal accounts. They're not showing her Twitter handle on the show are they?

She was also pretty famous before the show so let's not pretend that they gave her celebrity status to her.

The traffic to her personal account though is linked to her fame which is linked to the show.

Back