The man who stiffened Michael Chandler fights tomorrow

I have been watching on youtube lately, their pacing is HORRIBLE, lots of pauses without any type of filler, just a far shot of the cage for minutes.
Yup. And I find a lot of the fights themselves are just not so interesting to watch. Def not all the fights, but for some reason more of them seem like stinkers than in the UFC. Like Bob said "Don't ask me why"

I agree - Bellator has wasted all their time and efforts on has-beens (Ken/Royce/DaDa4000) and never-was (MVP, Danis) and has buried their homegrown talent by either not promoting them adequately (Pitbull bros) or smashing them to bits before they have a chance to develop (Pico). It started under Bjorn (who also spent way too much money/energy trying to hold onto Alvarez) and has continued under Coker, with his fetish for “superfights” no one asked for.
I think this is getting to it. Although I'm soooo glad they have MVP because his fights are never boring. He may never get anywhere in any rankings but I love a fun fight and I think he's the most FUN fighter they have. I have to watch that Pitbull fight from the other night - I heard it was good. And a friend hit me up with another fight and said to watch that too.... I forget which one now but I'll prob check it out later with the gf.

That's at least around a 300 sq ft difference. If you click on the tweet, he breaks more of the size differences down.

And here's how cage size can effect fights:
https://www.mmanews.com/ufc-confirms-that-fight-night-77-will-use-the-30-foot-octagon/

Translation - bigger cage, more decision wins.

Never realized there was so much hard math around this. I knew there was the perception but this is more like a totally clear cut case. Thanks for that - this is one of those nuggets that will stay in my thinking forever.

You just changed the world, brother.

Yup. And I find a lot of the fights themselves are just not so interesting to watch. Def not all the fights, but for some reason more of them seem like stinkers than in the UFC. Like Bob said "Don't ask me why"
Yeah, they do a bunch of squash matches, or guys making their pro debut, its great they do give them a place on a major org, but at the same time, if they want to be the #2 promotion, they have to step it up a bit, yesterday, they kept mentioning how Amosov's record was "the best in MMA", like yeah, the guy is 24-0, but half the fight he was about to lose that "best in MMA record", a record that is most likely padded, even if he is legit, he is still unproven, they did the same with Bader...and then he got KTFO'd right after they tried to hype him.

Back