The Main Obstacle of Making the Khabib-Conor Rematch

...is Conor’s unwillingness to actually fight top contenders.

Yeah sorry but when you already hold a dominant win over someone it will never, ever become "ducking" from that point on.

This combined with the fact that Khabib would rather fight more worthy contenders. Conor is 1-1 in the division and his only win is over Cowboy who was coming off of a loss and had lost 7 of his last 10... tons of guys will be more deserving of the title shot than him. Gaethje is right now, the winner of Felder vs Hooker will be, and more contenders will arise as Conor tweets away.

khabib should absolutely fight tony first.

he has had only 1 fight since fighting conor.

he was gifted the title by not having to go through tony.

tony was the rightful interim champ. 4 years ago.

I would rather see him fight Justin than conor if he can get past tony.

he is a hypocrite at best, he has never beaten, much less fought a champion in any division.

I know he has bad blood with the mouthy Irishman, but... conor is the only fighter to has won

a round against khabib. he beat the same guy Justin beat more impressively.

the lightweight division is a mess right now. to have beaten barboza, al, dustin and conor.

that is not exactly what I would consider a killers row. khabib is good, but I feel he needs

to shut up and fight. he talks about conor almost every day. why? because without conor

he just isn't the celebrity that he is today. he should thank him. I don't even like conor,

but I would rather watch him fight than see khabib dive for ankles and hold onto legs for dear life.
Khabib's resume >>> Tony's resume
- Conrat > cowboy
Conrat just beat cowboy.

- Dustin > pettis
Dustin beat pettis already

- Al > lee
Al beat that ass twice lol

And Michael Johnson
EPXo2bgVAAIgvTx.jpeg.jpg

Put some RESPEKT on the CHAMPS name you fake fight "fan"

Khabib Bless ur bum soul

Khabib's resume >>> Tony's resume
- Conrat > cowboy
Conrat just beat cowboy.

- Dustin > pettis
Dustin beat pettis already

- Al > lee
Al beat that ass twice lol

And Michael Johnson
View attachment 722629

Put some RESPEKT on the CHAMPS name you fake fight "fan"

Khabib Bless ur bum soul
sorry but mma math does not compute.

i am not comparing resumes.

just stating khabibs resume is weak as fuck.

and he is ducking the only guy to take a round off of him.

after tony I don't know who else would be more deserving.

I would rather see him fight Justin, but his resume is crap too.

Oke boomer .... I just compared Khabib's resume to Tony's resume. I hope you are sane enough to see that Khabib's resume is stronger then Tony's.
So if Khabib's resume is weak according to your standards then I would assume you think Tony's resume is even WEAKER.

Plus there is nobody at 155 with a better resume then Khabib.

Khabib Bless ur bum soul for a second time

EGNWyI-WoAASUnn.jpeg.jpg

Lmao at take a round off him. Herb Dean is the only man to take a round off Khabib. You're smoking crack if you think round 3 of thar fight is why Conor should get a rematch. Besides the fouls, I still don't see how he won the round.

Last edited:
I find it funny that every conor nut rider uses that he won a round off khabib lol like thats gonna get the rematch going

Because rematches never go different from the first fight? I guess we should tell that to DC who totally wasnt ducking the Stipe rematch. After all he had a dominant win, how could it go any different?
Lol? Fucking casual, by your logic Conor ducked Aldo because of the rematch that goes differently.

Tell me at which point in any fraction of ONE second where Khabib was in any trouble in their fight? Just one.

if he is so confident he might aswell give him that rematch tho?

He should take this super easy money fight for HUGE money that he doesn't need ... and give it to charity.

Obviously not Trump's Charity as they just got found guilty of stealing the money for themselves (love him or hate him ... this is a fact) but to a charity with a good respected history.

In which case that's Ginger's problem, not Khabib. He went in there and beat him at every aspect of the game, that fight was not even competitive and could have been stopped earlier even.

Not interested in another uncompetitive fight.
That wasn't my point, my point is that it can still be ducking, if he's honestly worried that a focused Conor will be much better than what he faced last time.

I believe that to be the case--that he is ducking the Conor rematch because it is all risk and no reward for Khabib...he won't risk the devastating shame that would come from an unlikely but very possible loss to Conor.

To be honest, when I compete with a shit talker in video games I put this immense pressure on myself to not lose and I sometimes under perform.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Conor’s shit talk and raising the stakes wasn’t worth it for Khabib. The mental game didn’t stop him from kicking the retards ass. But I’m sure it wasn’t helpful for his peace of mind.

When I whoop one of the shit talkers online, I don’t feel the need to rematch them and give them another chance. You talked shit mate, if you were so hot you would have beaten me the first time, live with your shame.

The worst part about this fight if it happens, is no matter how close the second fight is, if Khabib loses there will be no rubber match. It’ll be Conor vs Diaz and boxers until the division dies.

Actually, it kind of would be funny if Tony beats Khabib, Conor beats Tony. They finally have the belt on Conor like they wanted and it's time to fight Khabib again.

Bet any money they wouldn't be crying for the rematch then. Conor being the great champion that he is will leave the sport again.

At what point does it become ducking? Beat the guys they put in front of you. If he doesnt like Conor and think he can dominate him again why not do it?

In my alternate universe Tony will beat Khabib, Conor beats Tony, and Khabib is the one begging for a rematch. Now that would be funny.
How can you duck a guy you already fought and whipped his a**? It's not like it was even a competitive fight the first time so why run it back when there's no evidence that it won't end up exactly the same.

Why not beat the pulp out of him again then and forever tarnish Conor's legacy? Hell if i was positive i was always going to win the same match up against a guy I dont like Id take that fight every time.

Why not make it like Ortiz/Shamrock where you beatdown your hated rival 3 times forever tarnishing his legacy?
It’s already forever tarnished, there was nothing in the first fight that left any questions unanswered.

Anyway, why would Khabibs motivation be to further tarnish the legacy of some other fighter he’s already beat and who’s not even ranked in his division when he can just focus on further building on his own legacy.

Beating Tony and Gaethje will do a lot more for his own legacy than beating a guy he’s already beat and someone who hasn’t scored a win at his weight division since Obama was in office?

Last edited:
Honestly the most likely way we will see Khabib vs Conor 2 would be if Ferguson beats Khabib. Cause suddenly Khabib loses his leverage, and now the UFC holds leverage over him if he wants a rematch with Ferguson. A Khabib vs Conor 2 without a belt at stake would certainly sell less, but should still sell well enough to be something Dana would want to push for.

If Tony wins then he'll be defending against Conor because that will be the big money fight & a chance for Dana to put the belt back around McGregor whilst avoiding stylistically the worst matchup there is for him at 155 and then Conor will go the rest of his days without even saying Khabib's name except in his nightmares.

Conor didn't have anything handed to him.

He earned everything he got by being the best fight promoter in the game and going on a title run that ended with him destroying that division's undisputed GOAT.

He made himself the most marketable individual in the UFC, and since the UFC is a business they used that rare opportunity to their advantage by booking a champ-champ superfight.

If Khabib wants to be treated as special too, maybe he should work on being more interesting and maybe don't put a stain on the organization and publicly embarrass them like he did after he beat Conor.

The fact is that Khabib is currently the much better fighter but no one cares and Conor still has a much bigger following, and that hurts Khabib's tender feelings and he can't handle it so he drops all sorts of excuses when we know that he's really just bitter.

Lololololol you think he is bitter because you are a bitter/jelly person yourself. You are reflecting.

Khabib doesn't give a shit about mcg being popular. He was cool with mcg when he was getting popular years ago and gave him credit, so how can he be bitter? he never hated on him like you weasels are hating on Khabib.

No rematch for you.

Love when the Conor nut huggers think that khabib is afraid of a rematch, meanwhile conors NEVER offered a rematch to someone he’s beat

because Conor himself can’t believe it himself he got some wins and knows the rematch would not be the same.

Conor needs to fight Justin.

I thought the main obstacle at this point was Tony F. That's what he is focusing on for a reason. Conor beat washed up cowboy by tko which was Don's 3rd in a row...that means he deserves to fight Dustin or justin. Then if he wins fight Tony if Tony loses title shot, as he would still be #1 contender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back