The Magical Jabs

Excellent Thread again Kabuki/Sinister, you're gonna have a Sticky Monopoly soon :p.

What about Saddler's twisting jab that he was purported to use that was ruthless for cutting people, can that be chalked up to his accuracy as well?

The video of the trip-hammer jab got taken down by YouTube.

Btw, watching the first video with Ike was amazing. It was a beautiful thing.

What about Saddler's twisting jab that he was purported to use that was ruthless for cutting people, can that be chalked up to his accuracy as well?

Yeah, the corkscrewing jab that hits with the pinkie side of the glove. Like a razor that is.

The video of the trip-hammer jab got taken down by YouTube.

Yeah they'll come and go like that. But look up any fight of Trinidad's an you should see it.

Caveat: I am very new to boxing. This reply maybe be silly.

WOW. Ike's bazooka jab looks like it could end a fight in ANY round at ANY time.

Thank you for this thread. For someone who is just starting to watch/enjoy boxing it has helped me understand the differences in why a different jab is used by fighters.

That's good stuff!!! Have you thought of doing that for any other strikes or maybe difference of style with the same combos. Good stuff!!!

This is fantastic! Giving me something to think about in diversifying my jabs. Thanks you!

@_@

How do you not include W. Klitschko in a Jab thread?

Unreal.

Because Wlad Klitschko fights like his opponent is on fire. That's what's unreal. When you're 6'7" and 230+ and you rely mostly on your jab, nevermind.

He's got a good jab, but it's a standard jab, and Ike's was far better.

Back in the 50's and 60's there was a boxer named Joey Archer who had a tremendous jab I will make an edit for a few of the fights I have of his to let you see it. It was with an upward angle this way the opponent couldn't counter over it. Highly effective.

I posted a few of his fights on a few of my youtube channels.

Joey Archer | Sugar Ray Robinson

Joey Archer | Victor Salazar

Joey Archer | Mick Leahy

Joey Archer | Blair Richardson

Emile Griffith | Joey Archer II

His Brother Jimmy was more of the banger type though here is a clip of the subject just so you could see the contrast in styles.

Jimmy Archer | Gale Kerwin

Farewell my Lovely featuring Jimmy Archer

Good references jmc. For another guy with a phenomenal up-jab, I was reminded in a thread in the Boxing Forum about Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson. Watch how precise his Southpaw up-jab is here:

These are all really great, thank you for compiling this. Seriously, this is super-valuable for me.

Back