The Long Dark (Xbox One Preview Game)

Frylock

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I bought this last night and started playing. It's a pretty intriguing survival game at this point in it's lifespan as it is a preview game and they are going to add story and whatnot later on.

You are susceptible to the elements, need food and water, can craft and explore.

Has anyone played it?

I got it for PC and thought it kinda sucked. That was like a year ago though so maybe they improved that shit since. I know they were advertising a proper story mode back then

I got it for PC and thought it kinda sucked. That was like a year ago though so maybe they improved that shit since. I know they were advertising a proper story mode back then

There aren't a lot of these type games on console to my knowledge so maybe I am seeing it with some sort of rose-colored glasses.

I have it on PC, it's okay for an early access game.

I have it on the PC and was playing it in the winter. If I recall correctly I've survived for a few days so far. I prefer playing games like that in the winter as our strong winters here make the atmosphere in the game more relateable (and after a session with the game going outside in the snow feels surreal).
There were only two difficulty modes that I recalled when I last played it in March, but they added a third since then. It was near impossible to escape the wolves in what would later become the hard mode.

I backed it in the Kickstarter, but I haven't yet played. I don't want to play an early access game - I'm just waiting until it's officially done before I get into it.

There aren't a lot of these type games on console to my knowledge so maybe I am seeing it with some sort of rose-colored glasses.

It's possible, there are tons of early access, first person survival games on the PC and Steam. Stranded Deep, The Forest, The Long Dark, etc.

I've always enjoyed the concept of these survival games, building and scavenging, staying alive, etc. I'm just waiting for an actual finished product with some story and some real goals.

There is a weiner joke here somewhere...

Back