The logic of sherdog on MMA

WEC and Strikeforce no longer exist. Bellator is miles behind the UFC.

This is all fine and well as long as you would admit medicore guys like Dylan Andrews & Perosh would flame out in Bellator.

One or two posters say something. Another poster goes on to say that everyone on Sherdog is saying it.

Getting injured before a fight means you're ducking your opponent.

There's a lot of retarded shit said on this board. MMA fans are just passionate about their favorite fighters so their opinions are very one-sided.

You're not a dominant champion unless you finish fights. It doesn't matter how many one sided ud's you've had in a row.
Yes you are not a dominant champion unless you finish.

dominant champions
Dan Henderson
Anderson Silva
Fedor Emelianenko
Minotauro Nogueira
Jon Jones
Matt Hughes
Jose Aldo
BJ Penn
Cain Velasquez

I decided to come up with of list of common train of thoughts that I have seen on many threads and some really me laugh with the logic behind it such as:

Fighter A beat Fighter B. Fighter B beat Fighter C, therefore Fighter A will beat fighter C. MMAth.

Having a wrestling background=cardio for days

Fighter A knocks out Fighter B. Now Fighter B who has never been KO'ed has a glass chin and has been exposed.

Fighter A wins a close decision over Fighter B but the decision could of gone either way. So that means Fighter A robbed Fighter B or the judges are blind.

A champion of a certain division does not feel like either moving up or down a weight class means that champion is ducking another champion.

Short winning streak=Goat in the making and you heard it here first.

I probably left many out but please feel free to add on to the many outlandish things sherdoggers say.

The one I found dumbest is Nick Diaz has better cardio because he does triathlons.
What the hell does that have to do with anything?! My sisters do competitive triathlons. I doubt they have the cardio of an mma fighter.

The one I found dumbest is Nick Diaz has better cardio because he does triathlons.
What the hell does that have to do with anything?! My sisters do competitive triathlons. I doubt they have the cardio of an mma fighter.

i bet they have better than 60%+.

Are they hot?

I hate Champion A because he is so dominant and destroys my man-crushes.

therefore

I am Challenger B, C, D, E, F, G's "fan" until one of them finally becomes champ even if I've never heard of the fuckin' guy before.

therefore

I am Challenger B, C, D, E, F, G's "fan" until one of them finally becomes champ even if I've never heard of the fuckin' guy before.

Hahahahahaha sounds about right. Explains the Bendo, JBJ hate.

therefore

This til the cows come home. I thought about saying this but didn't know how to word it. You sir, stated it perfectly. LOL!!!!!

Making conclusions because of how someone looks at the weigh in... and not realizing the more schredded the guy looks.. the bigger the chance he is completely dehydrated and will have a hard time the next day.

looking at weigh ins is smart IMO.

Last edited:
brilliant list.

too drunk to think of more right now.

although maybe throw in
- undefeated for a decade, lose three straight against improving top tier shows you fought cans your whole career?

Lol nice. I've got another one:

Fight cans and freak shows your entire career, lose 3 straight as soon as you face decent competition then go back to fighting cans = GOAT.

Back