The logic of sherdog on MMA

Haha all of these are hilarious. Gotta say the BELT one is one of the worst. People think your belt color on Sherdog actually means something... Just means you have time to post on here.... A LOT.

I imagine if Gus wins a round and is winning the next but then loses. well then Jones got lucky or/and is overrated.

Basic head movement means "matrixing". MMA fans seem to think it's the most awe inspiring thing in the history of combat sports or head movement is pointless because MMA fighters can magically head kick anyone who tries it automatically because they have trained to throw kicks. Sandro vs Curran is a perfect example of this because Sandro was dodging a jab and the got head kicked. never mind that bobbing and weaving a jab is dumb as shit because the jab is used to set things up but no, it means MMA fighters will automatically kick anyone who slips or dodges a punch.

Boxing doesn't work in MMA. leg kicks automatically stifle it because they have to heavily depend on the lead leg to generate enough power to be effective despite using 4oz gloves and the fact that very few fighters in MMA are sufficient enough in leg kicks to exploit it.

Last edited:
Dominant champs never loses, period. He's flawless, you're a retard, lol - end of debate.

My favorite is:

Anyone with any differing opinion on anything is a butthurt white belt troll.

I was thinking along these lines as well, but you said it so well that I won

- undefeated for a decade, lose three straight against improving top tier shows you fought cans your whole career?

Hong Man Choi, heartless and washed up Big Timmeh, Mark Hunt, TK, Ogawa, Da Grim, Lindland, and so on..... which says a lot about Fedor.

Just let him go already. Be happy that Weidman stopped Anderson from surpassing Fedor's streak. And by the way, Silva > Emelianenko and I am not even a Silva fan for that matter. Cain Velasquez is the goat.

Instead, move on to Connor McGregor. The train always moves forward so let Fedor go and it's time for McGregor.

Fighting hard, leaving it all in the octagon and beating top tier opponents to decision = point fighting

I agree with this but why the double standard from so many people?

People say this about GSP, yet, Benson Henderson, Mighty Mouse, and Dominic Cruz gets discredited. You blind prejudiced folks make me sick. If anything, GSP is the only one capable of finishing but chooses to cruise to a decision. Makes me sick also.

if you're winning too much, you're too big in your weight class or its unfair

if someone trains with someone, they automatically extract all of their skills and will lead to massive improvements for next fight

I also hate it when people said that Anderson Silva is a champion in a weak division while Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin are in the most stacked division. Fast forward to modern day, Anderson loses to Weidman, all of a sudden, everyone is saying middleweight division is the most underrated division because Weidman is in a pond full of sharks. And now that Jon Jones surpasses Chuck Liddell, everyone started saying the LHW is the most pathetic division with a bunch of tomato cans.

You guys just don

Anderson's matrix owns people = amazing brilliance
Anderson's matrix gets himself KTFO'ed = not taking fight seriously, fixed fight, fluke, 9/10 times, etc.

Sherdog logic is a comedy act.

Fighter who won his UFC debut impressively no matter who he fought = He will beat the champion soon./ He can fight top 10/ He will get an immediate title shot.

Fighters Wikipedia articles are always true. I remember after nik lentz made the statement about conor, someone tagged his wall with nonsense and it was up for a couple of weeks.

Fighters that have been busted for PEDs or are on TRT are filthy cheaters, but only if I already hate them for other reasons. If my favorite fighter has similar PED history, I will never, ever bring it up and dismiss anyone else that does...

barnett_pencil_100_panosian.jpg

Making fighter A tap in his corner between two rounds is not a finish

Fighter A has some early success, landing good shots but then gets brutally KO'd/Subbed by Fighter B 1-2mins into the first round:

Fighter A was DOMINATING the entire fight until he got caught, 9/10 times, Fighter B got lucky etc.

Haha all of these are hilarious. Gotta say the BELT one is one of the worst. People think your belt color on Sherdog actually means something... Just means you have time to post on here.... A LOT.

ive posted more times than you so you not important.

thread/bro

good topic raised tho.

If you haven't beaten any Top 10 fighters on your winning streak, then you don't deserve to fight a Top 10 fighter and will obviously get dominated when you do.

Back