The logic of sherdog on MMA

My favourite is a fighter has one bad fight and suddenly they're a terrible bum who has never had an exciting fight in their life and will never have an exciting fight again. See Rory Mac as an example, kid has all great fights, then one dull fight vs. a half asleep/useless Burger and the MMA world acts like Rory is now a boring fighter for the rest of time.

Fighter A was injured before the bout against fighter B therefor if fighter A loses it doesn't count and a rematch should follow after but if fighter A happens to win then he is a beast and a warrior.

Whenever a fighter has ADCC credentials people act like ending on the ground with him immediately means game over.

ya everyone thinks BJJ phenom schaub is gonna sub everyone left and right just because hes a master at BJJ

A fight between fighter A and B ended spectacularly. Therefore a rematch is unlikely to end the same way. Therefore the first fight was a fluke or luck.

you love machida and hendo aye.

it's so funny how people take their belts so serious on this site. note to self: it goes by the amount of posts not the knowledge of the post. don't get me wrong some ppl know what they're talking about, the rest of them (which is about 85%) don't know shit and try posting in every thread just to appear like they know what they're talking about

Yeah its ridiculous, I swear alot of people on this site think their belts are real. Spending 23 hours a day on Sherdog and posting nonstop doesn't mean you're an MMA genius.

Also if you lose one fight via lay n pray it doesn't matter how many wrestlers you stuff after that or how much you've improved you're still susceptible to lnp (pettis)

This.

decisions = boring fights
Just Bleed is the only way to fight otherwise Fighter A is a boring point fighter
One unexciting fight = always a boring fighter (see Rory, Condit, Machida, etc)
PRIDE fighters suck, never were any good.
Conor McGregor = GOAT

my favorite is someone loses via knockout one time and suddenly has a glass jaw.
i saw a comment on a nate diaz vs maynard thread, where kid said diaz is gonna lose to maynard via KO, b/c nates chin is overrated and this and that. i was like wtf r u talking about?
and i will admit sometimes MMAth is hard to not think about sometimes for me. its a way of comparing up coming fights, but has no merit . like for example: wanderlei beat rampage and rampage beat chuck so that means chuck has no chance against wanderlei.

dominant champ cleans out division --> All fighters in the division sucked and were past their primes.

Fighter A is underpaid jk

Someone looks shredded/huge for his next fight = going to dominate his opponent

Lombard recently

Making conclusions because of how someone looks at the weigh in... and not realizing the more schredded the guy looks.. the bigger the chance he is completely dehydrated and will have a hard time the next day.

These were the first that came to mind besides nobody having more then one or two credible wins.

Fighter A beats Fighter B for the belt. No one will be able to beat the new champion and he should move up to face Fighter C who is champion in the next division.

The Champion in a division wins 2 fights=Cleared out the division.

The Champion in a division wins 4 fights=Division is weak.

Fighter A beats Fighter B for the belt. No one will be able to beat the new champion and he should move up to face Fighter C who is champion in the next division.

The Champion in a division wins 2 fights=Cleared out the division.

The Champion in a division wins 4 fights=Division is weak.

Cutting weight = unethical and cheating because one fighter outweighs the other at fight night.

The most common Sherdog trait I see is to complain about Sherdog.

It's the logic of complaining about traffic, without realising you're a part of it.

That said, f*ck Sherdoggers. I'm sure I'm above them because I liked Pride or boxing or straw weight japanese midgets or something. 'lol sheep.'

Fighter A and B both have strategies, Fighter A is able to impose his and Fighter B doesn't make adjustments so Fighter A sticks with his gameplan and wins. Fighter A gets blamed for a lackluster/boring fight

Fighter has not fought in the UFC therefore is a can or more accurately I haven't heard of him. Fighter with 10+ wins plus 1 UFC win has only had 1 fight

Back