The logic of sherdog on MMA

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KnockHimOut, Sep 20, 2013.

1. KnockHimOut

KnockHimOut Orange Belt

I decided to come up with of list of common train of thoughts that I have seen on many threads and some really me laugh with the logic behind it such as:

Fighter A beat Fighter B. Fighter B beat Fighter C, therefore Fighter A will beat fighter C. MMAth.

Having a wrestling background=cardio for days

Fighter A knocks out Fighter B. Now Fighter B who has never been KO'ed has a glass chin and has been exposed.

Fighter A wins a close decision over Fighter B but the decision could of gone either way. So that means Fighter A robbed Fighter B or the judges are blind.

A champion of a certain division does not feel like either moving up or down a weight class means that champion is ducking another champion.

Short winning streak=Goat in the making and you heard it here first.

I probably left many out but please feel free to add on to the many outlandish things sherdoggers say.

2. dildos

dildos Gold Belt

brilliant list.

too drunk to think of more right now.

although maybe throw in
    - undefeated for a decade, lose three straight against improving top tier shows you fought cans your whole career?

3. KnockHimOut

KnockHimOut Orange Belt

LOL good one.

4. RakodaJay**

RakodaJay** Banned Banned

Whenever a fighter has ADCC credentials people act like ending on the ground with him immediately means game over.

5. Rainne

Rainne Orange Belt

Hahahahah

This is a good one.

6. KnockHimOut

KnockHimOut Orange Belt

Fighter A has K-1 credentials = Fighter B has 0 chance of winning in the stand up exchanges.

7. orangecuse

orangecuse Gold Belt

Fighter A got a questionable decision from the judges. So logically(in eyes of Sherdoggers) he will lose his next fight because of the scorecards the judges had in a fight from months ago against comepltely different opponnent.

Fighter A has better more likeable personality then Fighter B. Fighter A will automatically win the MMA battle by wide margin.

8. beastlightnbs

beastlightnbs Brown Belt

Fighter A beats fighter B in a close decision. Fighter B's fans say he was robbed, fighter A's fans/fighter B's haters say fighter A destroyed fighter B.

9. ajmonsta

ajmonsta Banned Banned

You're not a dominant champion unless you finish fights. It doesn't matter how many one sided ud's you've had in a row.

10. boz

boz Purple Belt

My favorite is:

Anyone with any differing opinion on anything is a butthurt white belt troll.

11. ajmonsta

ajmonsta Banned Banned

Also if you lose one fight via lay n pray it doesn't matter how many wrestlers you stuff after that or how much you've improved you're still susceptible to lnp (pettis)

12. Grijswaarde

Grijswaarde Black Belt

Making conclusions because of how someone looks at the weigh in... and not realizing the more schredded the guy looks.. the bigger the chance he is completely dehydrated and will have a hard time the next day.

13. dildos

dildos Gold Belt

hot topic here *for realz* - lighter weight classes are BORING and NOT IMPORTANT.

14. Truk

Truk Blue Belt

Was going to post this as well. Disagreeing with someone more than once means you are losing your shit and having a melt down.

15. KnockHimOut

KnockHimOut Orange Belt

Fighting hard, leaving it all in the octagon and beating top tier opponents to decision = point fighting

16. DVN**

DVN** Banned Banned

Fighter A is underpaid jk

Someone looks shredded/huge for his next fight = going to dominate his opponent

Lombard recently

17. YoungFlacco

YoungFlacco Blue Belt

it's so funny how people take their belts so serious on this site. note to self: it goes by the amount of posts not the knowledge of the post. don't get me wrong some ppl know what they're talking about, the rest of them (which is about 85%) don't know shit and try posting in every thread just to appear like they know what they're talking about

18. KnockHimOut

KnockHimOut Orange Belt

Yeah I usually :( and :rolleyes: when I see posts stating anything under 170 is not a good fight.

19. TFanatic

TFanatic Silver Belt

A fight between fighter A and B ended spectacularly. Therefore a rematch is unlikely to end the same way. Therefore the first fight was a fluke or luck.

20. RakodaJay**

RakodaJay** Banned Banned

Fighter with good wrestling credentials would be undefeated if he used his wrestling more. I've seen someone say that for Diego Sanchez even though in his last 3 fights he got stuffed 20 times and landed only 2 TDs lol.