The little squat stance few fighters do right before the fight

I prefer it when they do the jumping:
giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_nn8la8sF721qetia3_500.gif

Kinda seems like if you are about to wrestle in highschool and have to wait for the other guy to get to the center so you just squat there. Personally done this and have seen it

how was jones exploiting the rules lmao
Judging by your respone I take it you haven't seen the fight, so let me explain what happened:
Jones put his hands on the canvas and hopped forward like a monkey because he thought he would be safe from the opponent's kicks by having his hands on the ground like an ape. Turns out the opponent didn't see it that way and neither did the referee..

Judging by your respone I take it you haven't seen the fight, so let me explain what happened:
Jones put his hands on the canvas and hopped forward like a monkey because he thought he would be safe from the opponent's kicks by having his hands on the ground like an ape. Turns out the opponent didn't see it that way and neither did the referee..
he starts every fight like that it literally has 0 fucking impact on the fight

I love owling.

Yea... it's called owling.

The point of it is that it makes you feel cool.

Thing is, Jones was complaining about Vitor trying to kick him. But had Vitor actually kicked, and hit, Jones, Vitor would have been disqualified.

DQ'd for a strike to a grounded opponent? When's the last time you saw that? Some guys don't even get a point taken when it happens.

Ape technique

That GSP Ape Technique thread was ridiculous lol.

Remember when Rich Franklin told Matt Serra to do the Jones crawl on tuf and everybody dissed him - he was ahead of his time!

It's just something they do b/c they think it's "cool" or just kind of habit. It's like the swimmers who fling their arms around like a helicopter right before they swim. Surely it doesn't really do anything other than look "cool".

When I ran track I would shake my legs out before a race. It helped with my nerves and helped keep me loose. Looked kinda retarded though.

I hated it when Jon jones crawled out thinking he looked cool. I thought he looked like an idiot and I wish vitors kick would have landed

I don't know that Big John would have deducted a point from Vitor.

He told JBJ "well, you wanna play the game" or something to that effect.
Vitor didn't commit any foul.

Attempting an illegal strike that doesn't land is not a foul.
Landing an illegal strike could be a foul (must assess intention).
Attempting and landing an illegal strike is a foul (because it implies intention).

When I ran track I would shake my legs out before a race. It helped with my nerves and helped keep me loose. Looked kinda retarded though.

That probably makes the most sense. I'm sure for fighters and athletes a lot of that is kind of shaking out nerves, keeping loose, going through a routine.
I'm sure they aren't thinking about getting one last little squat stretch in there.

They are exploiting the shitty rules

I agree, vitor is brain dead and big john is a piece of shit that thinks he's more important than the fighters.

I did it in wrestling to stretch out the insides of my legs.

Back