The Lion King (2019) vs Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019)

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
The Lion King - July 19, 2019
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - July 26, 2019

These two movies' release date are going to be just 1 week apart.
When you're on a budget, which movie would you rather watch on the big screen July next year?

Not paying for either but I'm only planning on watching Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. I already saw The Lion King. I don't need to see some lame live action cash grab of every Disney cartoon I've already seen.

Lion king will be garbage.

Once upon a time in Hollywood all the way baby

Haven't heard anything about Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but I'll probably get stuck watching The Lion King with my kids regardless of what I'd rather bloody see.

New Tarantino film or a remake? I love The Lion King, but this is a no-brainer.

{<huh}
What kind of question is this....?
These movies are so completely different in every way. How can there even be a comparison..

I'll watch both. Lol what kind of peasant can afford the internet and a computer, and not 2 matinee tickets to a movie?

Hollywood. Can't imagine the new lion king being as good as I remember the old one being.

That beauty and the beat made bank, if lion king does too I think we're in for neverending remakes of their classics <DisgustingHHH>

{<huh}
What kind of question is this....?
These movies are so completely different in every way. How can there even be a comparison..

I'll watch both. Lol what kind of peasant can afford the internet and a computer, and not 2 matinee tickets to a movie?
lol matinee?
Obligatory
<{poor?}>

Let's be serious. Lion King is going to trounce OUATIH. That being said, I'll see both.

A movie with Legendary actors like Pacino, Leo, Pitt, Burt ect or a live action black lives matter cast ruining one of the greatest disney films ever.

A movie with Legendary actors like Pacino, Leo, Pitt, Burt ect or a live action black lives matter cast ruining one of the greatest disney films ever.

What the heck are you talking about? A large part of the original Lion King cast was made up of black actors. The only difference they're really making is having Simba and Nala be voiced by black people.

What a stupid comment. Pumba, Timon, and Zazu are still gonna be voiced by white people, so don't worry too much about it.

How sure are you about that

I’m pretty sure he meant at the box office, and I’m 100% sure that Lion King will btfo Once Upon a Time in Hollywood at the box office. Beauty and the Beast absolutely smashed at the box office, and this new Lion King will have the same BLM marketing behind it that Black Panther had, so I could see it possibly doing even better than Beauty and the Beast.

Tarantino’s biggest box office haul was Django and it only made about 1/3rd of what Beauty and the Beast made.

I'd watch Lion King because 1. I watched it as a child and have no idea what once upon a time in hollywood is and 2. I need to see Rafiki bopping lions with his stick again

Hollywood. Can't imagine the new lion king being as good as I remember the old one being.

That beauty and the beat made bank, if lion king does too I think we're in for neverending remakes of their classics <DisgustingHHH>
You seem a little behind on the news. Disney has had plans for a few years now to make a few of their original films into live action remakes. Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast have already been released. Mulan and The Lion King are currently in the making.

You seem a little behind on the news. Disney has had plans for a few years now to make a few of their original films into live action remakes. Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast have already been released. Mulan and The Lion King are currently in the making.

Yea, I havn't checked the Disney news since pubic hair. Don't have kids yet so its off my radar, but this is what they plan to do? Remake em all?

Lol fuckin lion king...been there done that

Tarantinos movies are an event ..my bidy is ready for that movie

They also already did The Jungle Book

Back