The line in the sand. "Why don't we use nukes"

I am going to make Dumbo response but the 1945 Hirsohisma and Nagazaki attack are not Nukes they are Atom bombs!!

Truman have used Nukes so why not Trump?
I don't understand this post.

Fuck no.
If Trump really openly questioned this, he's so ill informed it's surreal.
This. The fact that Trump has to ask the question (in that way) illustrates that he has not thought deeply about something with such massive consequences.

I hope not. The nukes of today make the atomic bombs we used in Japan seem like firecrackers in comparison.

What was his direct quote and what was the context?

Considering the yield of modern H-Bombs compared to the a-bombs dropped in Japan, that is a very scary thought.. Trump would probably just be like "aww what the fuck, they bruised my ego, tsar bomba the fuckers"

This is it.

Can you support a man for President who could seriously consider using nuclear weapons?

Yes.

Truman was in my opinion one of the great american presidents and not only he used nuclear weapons he said in regards to nuclear weapons:

"
Q. In other words, if the United Nations resolution should authorize General MacArthur to go further than he has, he will--

THE PRESIDENT. We will take whatever steps are necessary to meet the military situation, just as we always have.

[12.] Q. Will that include the atomic bomb ?
THE PRESIDENT, That includes every weapon that we have.

Q. Mr. President, you said "every weapon that we have." Does that mean that there is active consideration of the use of the atomic bomb?

THE PRESIDENT. There has always been active consideration of its use. I don't want to see it used. It is a terrible weapon, and it should not be used on innocent men, women, and children who have nothing whatever to do with this military aggression. That happens when it is used.3

3Later the same day the White House issued the following press release:

"The President wants to make it certain that there is no misinterpretation of his answers m questions at his press conference today about the use of the atom bomb. Naturally, there has been consideration of this subject since the outbreak of the hostilities in Korea, just as there is consideration of the use of all military weapons whenever our forces are in combat.
"

Nukes are terrible weapons and pose the risk to escalate into all out nuclear warfare, however the president should have the power to use every weapon in a country's arsenal if the needs demand it.

I guess a former CIA director is a bad source, you're right.

So now you're not even using the direct quote, you're using hearsay.

At least admit you're spinning this to make it seem like Trump questioned why we haven't dropped a nuke on Syria already.

Yes.

Truman was in my opinion one of the great american presidents and not only he used nuclear weapons he said in regards to nuclear weapons:

"
Q. In other words, if the United Nations resolution should authorize General MacArthur to go further than he has, he will--

THE PRESIDENT. We will take whatever steps are necessary to meet the military situation, just as we always have.

[12.] Q. Will that include the atomic bomb ?
THE PRESIDENT, That includes every weapon that we have.

Q. Mr. President, you said "every weapon that we have." Does that mean that there is active consideration of the use of the atomic bomb?

THE PRESIDENT. There has always been active consideration of its use. I don't want to see it used. It is a terrible weapon, and it should not be used on innocent men, women, and children who have nothing whatever to do with this military aggression. That happens when it is used.3

3Later the same day the White House issued the following press release:

"The President wants to make it certain that there is no misinterpretation of his answers m questions at his press conference today about the use of the atom bomb. Naturally, there has been consideration of this subject since the outbreak of the hostilities in Korea, just as there is consideration of the use of all military weapons whenever our forces are in combat.
"

Nukes are terrible weapons and pose the risk to escalate into all out nuclear warfare, however the president should have the power to use every weapon in a country's arsenal if the needs demand it.

Are you seriously comparing decision making in 1945 and the nuclear weapons available then to 2016 and the nukes we have now?

This wasn't just Trump expressing willing to use them if necessary.

Trump asked Gen. Hayden why aren't we using them.

So now you're not even using the direct quote, you're using hearsay.

At least admit you're spinning this to make it seem like Trump questioned why we haven't dropped a nuke on Syria already.

When interviewed by Gen. Hayden Trump asked him three times why we can't just use nukes.

I would hope that all presidents are prepared to use nuclear weapons. It is actually US policy to strike back with nuclear weapons if any sort of chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear weapon is used against the US or its forces.

Add in that nuclear weapons isn't just the giant ICBM's that you see in movies.

I would hope that all presidents are prepared to use nuclear weapons. It is actually US policy to strike back with nuclear weapons if any sort of chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear weapon is used against the US or its forces.

Add in that nuclear weapons isn't just the giant ICBM's that you see in movies.

There is a big difference between being prepared to use them and asking why we aren't already.

When interviewed by Gen. Hayden Trump asked him three times why we can't just use nukes.

Post the interview. Post a source. Post anything other than your own heavily biased view on the matter.

You know that it is an oft used tactic to ask a question to see how someone answers it, and the retired Gen. seems to have shown his true colors.

Post the interview. Post a source. Post anything other than your own heavily biased view on the matter.

It was a private national security interview conducted by Gen. Michael Hayden.

It was a private national security interview conducted by Gen. Michael Hayden.

So why is he talking about?

Why is he to be believed? And something better than the Chris Matthews tingle down your leg wants you to believe it for your narrative.

Back