The Light heavyweight Division

jiujitsuforever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
this division has usually been the main event of the ufc. The title fights seem to always be most important at this division, and it has long been one of the favorites of UFC fans, now you look at the division and it is really becoming thin. i know Jon Jones has cleared out most of the elite guys but still, is there even a top 10 right now?

1. Jones
2. Alexander
3. Glover
4. Davis
5. Rashad (has looked horrible lately)
6. Nog (hasnt fought since a lackluster win over Rashad)
7. Henderson (2 close lackluster losses)
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?

Lyoto is going to middleweight, so he is going to be irrelevant, Gegard is going to middleweight, and also Chael is going back to middleweight after the Rashad fight, so who else is there to be ranked? Bader cant get a top win, Shogun has been done for years, and there arent any realy great looking prospects in the division, so my question is how deep is this division going to be in a year or two from now? I know Cormier is probably dropping and getting a title shot but still i dont see one hopefull prospect resurrecting a thinning division.

You forgot Hippo Perosh & TeHuna

Nicolas_Cage_Laugh_GIF.gif

These threads are becoming extremely boring. It's got more depth than HW and MW.

You forgot Hippo Perosh & TeHuna

I love the patriotism but Perosh isn't even close to top 10 and while Te Huna has more skills and moved closer after the Jimmo fight, he didn't look like he belonged in the ring with Glover - even on short notice.

Yeh the division while IMO still the second most competitive after WW is certainty going to get less competitive as fighters move down or fade or get washed up. Hopefully the new TUF will give the division some new faces.

I think if JDS loses to Cain again he'll drop to LHW and that'll be the biggest LHW title fight in years. After that? Doubt it'll ever be a big division again.

I love the patriotism but Perosh isn't even close to top 10 and while Te Huna has more skills and moved closer after the Jimmo fight, he didn't look like he belonged in the ring with Glover - even on short notice.

He didn't take the fight with Glover on short notice.

The news of such was announced on March 11, the fight took place on May 25--not a short notice bout.

Compared to the amount of time other fighters get for their fights, its not necessarily "short notice" but still..

Compared to the amount of time other fighters get for their fights, its not necessarily "short notice" but still..

Machida/Davis was announced exactly two months out. Te Huna/Jimmo, same thing.

Most fights are announced 8-10 weeks out.

Machida/Davis was announced exactly two months out. Te Huna/Jimmo, same thing.

Most fights are announced 8-10 weeks out.

No they are not. 90 - 120 days usually, sometimes longer. Anything less than 6 weeks out is considered short notice though so that fight wasn't

Back