Law The Liberals' useless 'assault weapons' ban (Canada)

Regardless of your attempt to equate it with a noble cause in the 18th century, the word is used by the current far right and it means an attempt to violently overthrow the government, in response to gun control laws. It means a murder spree, or do you care to try and give it a different meaning? I hope your sick fantasies don't come true.

You seem completely oblivious to right and wrong.

Bro - it is exactly the same.

EXACTLY.

Murder spree or revolution?

In 1775 Thomas Gage tried to take the colonials weapons. I don't think you can argue with history here. It is literally the FOUNDATION of America. The Brits tried to take the guns. And they were "murdered" as you want to phrase it. They violently overthrew a government that had far overstepped it bounds.

Personally I hope "YOUR SICK FANTASIES DON'T COME TRUE" either. I believe in America and the values that are enshrined in our Bill of Rights. Your fantasy is gun control and confiscation. I am pointing out that didn't work out so well last time, George.

Apologies to Americans who's businesses will be hurt by this during these tough times.

I don't think you appreciate how little the average American cares about a Canadian's gun rights or the welfare of the gun industry in general.

If anything, I take pleasure in your apparent rage over your country's laws.

...In 1775 Thomas Gage tried to take the colonials weapons. I don't think you can argue with history here. It is literally the FOUNDATION of America. The Brits tried to take the guns. And they were "murdered" as you want to phrase it. They violently overthrew a government that had far overstepped it bounds...

You don't think the circumstances are vastly different, fine. You wackos can just make your own judgement that the government has "overstepped its bounds", and start the killing. Good luck with that.

...Your fantasy is gun control and confiscation...

Again, you have no idea what you're saying. I don't support blanket gun control and bans. But you don't have time to read my posts, you're too busy getting ready for the boog, huh?

"assault style weapons aren't used for hunting"

They gave valmets to the Natives for hunting purposes and that's why they're still legal lol...

valmet3.jpg

I don't think you appreciate how little the average American cares about a Canadian's gun rights or the welfare of the gun industry in general.

I don't think you appreciate how little I care about the opinions of mindless brainwashed cowards that trade freedom for supposed security. Miserable creatures are everywhere.

Colion Noir has made/posted a few videos about Canada. That guy has a lot of influence.

You don't think the circumstances are vastly different, fine. You wackos can just make your own judgement that the government has "overstepped its bounds", and start the killing. Good luck with that.

Again, you have no idea what you're saying. I don't support blanket gun control and bans. But you don't have time to read my posts, you're too busy getting ready for the boog, huh?

Okay, George.

I don't think you appreciate how little I care about the opinions of mindless brainwashed cowards that trade freedom for supposed security. Miserable creatures are everywhere.

Colion Noir has made/posted a few videos about Canada. That guy has a lot of influence.

You posted on a forum, eliciting responses, so you must care a little.

Colion Noir has so much influence that I've never even heard of him.

I care

Small group of far left activists making all the noise are in panic mode.

Optional buyback program could see assault-style gun ban unravel, group warns
Link

A leading proponent of stricter gun control says allowing owners of recently banned firearms to keep them would make it easier for a different government to reverse the ban in future.

In a letter to Public Safety Minister Bill Blair, the group PolySeSouvient urges the Liberal government to implement a mandatory buyback program for all assault-style guns.

The Liberals outlawed a wide range of firearms early this month, saying the guns were designed for the battlefield, not hunting or sport shooting.

….

In the letter, PolySeSouvient urges the government to take several other steps, including:

— End the importation and manufacture of handguns;

— Give police officers easier access to commercial sales record data to help detect bulk gun purchases;

— Invest significant efforts and resources in strengthening the screening and monitoring of gun-licence applicants and licensed owners.

These far left idiots can fuck right off.

You're going to have to accept that these are modern sporting rifles. You know what will come if you don't.

These arrogant pukes are begging for a boog. They're coming for bolt actions and shotguns next.

Once again into the mind of the totalitarian far left lunatic:

This is after it's been revealed that this isn't about saving lives.

Why Canada should ban the sale, ownership of handguns
https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opinion-gun-control-handguns-1.5532173

People who rave about owning these devices of death are often referred to as "gun enthusiasts." This makes about as much sense as "poison gas enthusiasts" or "land mine enthusiasts."

As for the gun lobby in this country, they likely won't vote for the present government under any circumstances, so trying to appease them is a complete waste of time and effort. The government should spend less time studying and more acting. And the sooner the better.

A suggested scenario:

1. A total and absolute ban on handgun sales, and on handgun ownership by private citizens. (With long prison terms for violation.)
  2. Restriction of long guns to bolt-action rifles and limited-magazine shotguns.
  3. Firm enforcement of minimum sentences for possession of any restricted weapon, and even more stringent penalties for anyone committing a crime with a firearm.
  4. Exemptions, under strict controls, where subsistence hunting is a way of life.
Add to this a heightened border vigilance against guns coming from the United States, and not only will gun crime decrease, so will accidental deaths and suicides.

And no, it won't take away our freedom or democracy. But it will make us safer.

Yes it will take away my freedom to own the best tools for home/self/family defense and tyranny defense.

"Those of us trained in the use of handguns (and I mean properly trained, by the police or the military, not just a weekend course at the local gun club) ".

Handgun shooters, especially competition shooters, put in more range time than the police.

Fuck the brainwashed far left. You will face a great reckoning too.

Back