The Leveraging power the PFA will have over the UFC will be INSANE!

I agree with your first sentence but still fighting is different beast.
Stipe was golden gloves boxer which is good and HW is most unpredictable because of sheer size.
Everyone is a failed soccer player in brazil and Aldo has been training in a pro gym since he was a teenager and he is incredible athlete.
Being strong and athletic doesn't make you a good fighter.
conor bless
Fighting doesn't require hard work from a young age like other sports, doesn't require good genetics & top level athleticism.

douchenozzles like you are worse
Being hard working and paying for things instead of stealing makes me worse in some fashion and a douchnozzle?? If true, the world has gone to complete shite.

Worth noting there was alwready the MMA Fighters Association, theyve not done much.

Be interesting to see what approach a new organisation take. If they go the more European route weve seen from the like of the PFA (Professional footballers association) AICGP (Cycling) etc then they could be a great addition. Both of those are well recognised by the sports governing bodies, have input into decision making and consultation on major changes etc.

If they go the more vigilante route, threatening lockouts, strikes they may find the fans turn against them and side with the UFC.

Fighting doesn't require hard work from a young age like other sports, doesn't require good genetics & top level athleticism.

too dangerous for young age and football is on notice as well, but they can train multiple disciplines without head shots. All the best fighters have good genetics and top level athleticism. What sports or athletes are you talking about that are all a-level?

too dangerous for young age and football is on notice as well, but they can train multiple disciplines without head shots. All the best fighters have good genetics and top level athleticism. What sports or athletes are you talking about that are all a-level?
Soccer, NBA, NFL, baseball, even boxing has better athletes due to the fact they have a structured amateur system. Nobody wants to get their kid into MMA if he/she is a good athlete.

Being hard working and paying for things instead of stealing makes me worse in some fashion and a douchnozzle?? If true, the world has gone to complete shite.

Been shit for a while bud

Of course they dont. Havnt you seen the antifighter rhetoric on here?
but it usually disappears when the topic is dana or fighter pay. then they're all pro fighter. on the surface.

LOL. do you not know how the law works. The contract is only legally binding if the UFC continues to put on events. If the UFC refuses to put on events for the fighters, then they have the right to go elsewhere.

Just like the "legally binding" contracts of the NHL and NBA, those players aren't allowed to play else where even in the off season. But during a lockout, those players are allowed to play for other leagues because they can't legally be prevented from earning a living.

why the fuck would the UFC not put on events?

but it usually disappears when the topic is dana or fighter pay. then they're all pro fighter. on the surface.
As long as that pay doesn't interfere with their viewership. My thing is if unions in mma are bad for fans, why is that? It makes me wonder what about how things are now fans think are in their benefit. Has the nfl, nba, or mlb representation hurt the fans that much? Or do fans just not want fighters to be THAT well off

why the fuck would the UFC not put on events?
follow along, crispy. they would stop doing events to put pressure on the fighters to accept their deal during collective bargaining. Just like NHL, NFL, NBA and MLB have done in the past. capiche?

yeah but youre implying that this organization will represent 100% of the fighters like it does in the nba, nfl, etc.

i'm under the impression that signing/aligning with them will be a voluntary action on the part of the fighter, meaning the organization wont hold a monopoly on fighters.

I have no idea how pro sports unions work. However, in the real world, you only need 51% to agree to form a union. The other 49% have to join the union like or not.

Soccer, NBA, NFL, baseball, even boxing has better athletes due to the fact they have a structured amateur system. Nobody wants to get their kid into MMA if he/she is a good athlete.

Isn't the GOAT baseball player a fat alcoholic?

Don't know, don't care for baseball. Stipe failed at baseball so walked into MMA and became Heavyweight champ.

I don't think baseball belongs with those sports you mentioned.

As long as that pay doesn't interfere with their viewership. My thing is if unions in mma are bad for fans, why is that? It makes me wonder what about how things are now fans think are in their benefit. Has the nfl, nba, or mlb representation hurt the fans that much? Or do fans just not want fighters to be THAT well off

Other than preventing a stupid reebok deal, what else could a union do for fighters?

LOL. do you not know how the law works. The contract is only legally binding if the UFC continues to put on events. If the UFC refuses to put on events for the fighters, then they have the right to go elsewhere.

Just like the "legally binding" contracts of the NHL and NBA, those players aren't allowed to play else where even in the off season. But during a lockout, those players are allowed to play for other leagues because they can't legally be prevented from earning a living.

It would only be considered a lockout if the entire roster couldn't fight. If it's just a handful, or a few fighters, the world keeps on turning and the UFC keeps doing business as usual.

Another bullshit thing the UFC can and does do currently. "Independent contractor" lol

Only someone who didn't understand the difference between an employee and an independent contractor would make a statement like this.

Only someone who didn't understand the difference between an employee and an independent contractor would make a statement like this.
I work at UPS, one of the biggest independent contractor companies in america. You tell me the differance, genius....

Back